astral cat

i use a 101 too and i luv it

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i have 2.3 and i usually run it out of a micro myself, though at first i did play on a ds lite when i got it but had to free up the ds for other things.

edit:  and i havnt seen a huge sound quality difference between the two.  At least not going threw my mixer

Last edited by DJCactus (Sep 1, 2011 1:28 pm)

you can clean that hiss sound with a DAW (Cockos Reaper ReaFIR effect check it out)

So im reviving this very old thread because ive been using nanoloop recently and loving it so much i want to start using it as my core component in my setup....

I have both an SP 100 and a DS Lite. i lvoe the sound on the DS lite. i got a chance to use it at a show the other day and it was kicking hard as balls.

there is however an issue that i ran into that for me is a complete dealbreaker for using the DS unfortunately.

when running on DS lite... the tempo of nanoloop is not accurate. ive done some tests @ 120bpm and after around 60 bars the tempo was behind by a 1/16th note. which is extremely drastic and unacceptable...

I know that you can't sync the DS to anything but i was at least hoping i could manually beatmatch with my other gear but if there's gonna be some drift like this it's gonna be pratically impossible to use with other gear.

so for anyone who's planning on using DS with other gear, don't. or at least do some tests about tempo drifts before you do.

I really like the DS sound and screen and buttons but ..... it's just not usable.

Does anyone else notice this? maybe it's just my DS? i used to think that because DS is more advanced (pun not intended) it would be even more acurate... but my SP was solid over 200 bars.

So im reviving this very old thread because ive been using nanoloop recently and loving it so much i want to start using it as my core component in my setup....

I have both an SP 100 and a DS Lite. i lvoe the sound on the DS lite. i got a chance to use it at a show the other day and it was kicking hard as balls.

there is however an issue that i ran into that for me is a complete dealbreaker for using the DS unfortunately.

when running on DS lite... the tempo of nanoloop is not accurate. ive done some tests @ 120bpm and after around 60 bars the tempo was behind by a 1/16th note. which is extremely drastic and unacceptable...

I know that you can't sync the DS to anything but i was at least hoping i could manually beatmatch with my other gear but if there's gonna be some drift like this it's gonna be pratically impossible to use with other gear.

so for anyone who's planning on using DS with other gear, don't. or at least do some tests about tempo drifts before you do.

I really like the DS sound and screen and buttons but ..... it's just not usable.

Does anyone else notice this? maybe it's just my DS? i used to think that because DS is more advanced (pun not intended) it would be even more acurate... but my SP was solid over 200 bars.

france

I have allways use the gba sp, only few time the ds lite.
But IMHO nanoloop on gba sp sync well with other gba sp, you won't have drift between two 2.x on gba sp. And yes on some gba sp you have some hiss, and if you use the sync cable you will have more hiss.
So for me the sync cable is not usable....
If you sync gba sp manually, so you use the A+B on the bpm menu to stop them, then start at the same time, you will have good sync.
For me they stay in sync really well over time for the 2.x version.
it's the only way to have good sound and use your other gears to manual sync, and for me it works, not great but for a track it's really enough.
Elektron gears are good for this kind of manual sync with left, right arrow, you put your elektron on master sync, and all your gear slave to the elektron.

EDiT: it should be the same for the DS lite, you sync with A+B two ds lite with nanoloop 2.7.x, then you sync your elektron gears to this manually. Best sound I think, and good think over time, need to double test this, but it should be the best clear sound and synx over time.

Last edited by yoyz2k (Apr 2, 2017 7:36 pm)

france

yeah the ds lite has better sound.... really...
It's a pleasure to play with smile
The original ds is good too

Melbourne

I really wish they'd built link cable support into the power connector. There's certainly enough space for extra pins.

I'm wondering, is there *any* chance that the processor is capable of outputting/receiving link port data and just isn't connected to anything? Like, a hack that can be done somehow? I don't know enough about processors and electronics (yet) to go poking around..

Otherwise maybe a future nanoloop2 cart could have an analog sync port on the cart itself? oliver pls big_smile