Melbourne
yoyz2k wrote:

I have use more these cart than some other expensive gear

lol same

I have ~$5k worth of gear and yet make possibly some of my best stuff on nanoloop 2 tongue

oliver wrote:

2.8.1 will come tomorrow, with more 2.7-like sound and unison.

Good looking out and an amazing turning around time!  This is why I love Nanoloop and Oliver so much smile

Turku, FIN
pselodux wrote:
oliver wrote:

2.8.1 will come tomorrow, with more 2.7-like sound and unison.

Is it possible to add a filter cutoff modulation option for the R/L channels, as per S? Or, even cooler, an option for pulse width modulation..?

Pressing L in the LFO brings up 2 different looking menus, but they seem to be similar otherwise. Has this been there before?

Navigating on black mode is a little bit difficult now via the now colors..

2.8.1 can now be downloaded.

- LFO ranges are now as close to 2.7 as possible.
- Unison is back.
- Volume has not been changed, the increased and more exponential scale had been introduced earlier in 2.7.
- A few graphics glitches have been fixed.

pselodux wrote:

Is it possible to add a filter cutoff modulation option for the R/L channels, as per S? Or, even cooler, an option for pulse width modulation..?

It would be possible for one channel, but I haven't implemented it yet. I tried PWM, but it's clicky and generally not so spectacular. In FM mode it's more fun because it modulates the modulation frequency. But still clicky. Maybe cutoff would make more sense.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm)

Poland, Gdansk

Is it possible to fix the absolute values chords on S and arpeggios on N?

Also does unison really work now?

PS: For faster bug tracking - go to S, put a note with B button, shift the note up one step - sound doesnt change. Same with N

2.8.2 is ready. I'm sorry for the betatesting.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 17, 2017 7:50 pm)

I'm not sure if unison is working on S channel with the 2.8.2 update.  Pressing the L trigger in chord mode does not affect the audio, eventhough the icon (small black box) above the "Note" value changes.

4ormal wrote:

I'm not sure if unison is working on S channel with the 2.8.2 update.  Pressing the L trigger in chord mode does not affect the audio, eventhough the icon (small black box) above the "Note" value changes.

BTW, my apologies for not giving thanks first. I don't want to seem ungrateful for the hard work that you put into NL.
smile

Ah, right, the detune mode. Will have a look at that tomorrow.

Melbourne

thanks oliver, you're a legend! I'm very much fine with beta testing big_smile

Poland, Gdansk
oliver wrote:

2.8.2 is ready. I'm sorry for the betatesting.

PM me if you will be looking for beta testers during the next releaae smile

Melbourne
oliver wrote:

It would be possible for one channel, but I haven't implemented it yet. I tried PWM, but it's clicky and generally not so spectacular. In FM mode it's more fun because it modulates the modulation frequency. But still clicky. Maybe cutoff would make more sense.

that's a shame re: PWM. Do you have an audio example of how clicky it is? Could it be used as an interesting exploit? big_smile

The option of cutoff modulation on one channel would be great though. Sometimes I want a good filtered bass sound but the S channel isn't appropriate (e.g. if it's playing chords).

With the new functions and bugfixes, there is currently no space for extra modulation. In the future it may be possible to optimise the code so that PWM or filter modulation is possible, but for now I'd rather focus on keeping 2.8 stable (I hope it is now?).

The clicks appear erratically, depending on modulation amplitude, frequency and pitch. Whenever I played with PWM, I turned it off after a while and enjoyed the flat, non-modulated tones.

Instead of PWM, a detuned second oscillator for L could generate PWM-like phasing effects. I don't know if there's enough CPU time left for that though.

Melbourne

No problem, I'm pretty happy with it as it is, any extra features are a bonus big_smile

france

Detune could be really cool !

Melbourne

Yeah, even being able to have finer control over say, the L or R channel's pitch could lead to some interesting unison/microtone possibilities.