Petaluma

Hey all! I've been making chip with LSDJ for a long time now, but get mixed reviews. I'm hoping I can get some thoughts on what to work on or change, or if it's just the genres I'm working with that aren't working. I listen to doom, drone, sludge metal, etc. and have been working to create a fusion with chiptune. Please give this track or any others a listen and let me know! I appreciate anything you have to share!

Love always,
cr33p0ch

https://soundcloud.com/cr33p0ch/red-water

Austin, TX

Maybe add a deep kick to bring a bit of movement and structure to the composition.  That may not be what you're looking for though.  Parts of this sound really baddass!

Edit:  After listening to Red Water, just bring the volume of the kicks up a bit.

Last edited by HimsyPimsy (Jan 23, 2017 11:19 pm)

Petaluma

Will do, thank you! I think I have a lot of low bass going with the wav channels, maybe switch one of those out? It's just a raw recording, didn't isolate any of the channels and balance them at all. I might try recording the pulse 1 and giving it a little tweak before doing the wav redo?

Atlanta, GA

try experimenting with your wav channel and make those kicks punch me in the face real hard.

Montreal

Awesome energy. This is cool.