Charlotte

Ight let me check that..

Brazil
phib3r Optik wrote:

Edit:Did you put custom firmware on yours? Or did you just put em in the folder and it worked?

It's not mine, but since it has some emulator on it...

Yes, of course.

Charlotte

Ok well, looks like im gona have be reading alot today haha

Tokyo, Japan

phib3r optik, no disrespect intended but I think seeing as you don't seem to be that good at the internet research/forum etiquette thing buying the 6 dollar pandora's battery and downgrading using it is going to be by far and away the easier option for you. Its 6 bucks and you could have your psp hacked and pigged by this time next week. Strongly recommend following that method.

Charlotte

None taken, so looks like I'm getting a battery! Lol

Milan, Italy

You can create a pandora battery for free.. but you need to find a second PSP with custom firmware already on it.

I spent 10 minutes to upgrade my girlfriend's psp (using my already modded one).

So.. if some of your friends have a PSP you could try that.

Spokompton

Won't the Pandora method at best, not work, and at worst, brick, a 3000?

Milan, Italy

oh.. yeah maybe you are right.. 
I've got a PSP1000!

The best thing to do is to ask on a PSP forum, i guess.

))<>((

Read the thread I posted, lol. It explains everything you could possibly need to know.

Pandora will not work on a 3000. The 3000s have not been fully hacked, and the only way to use homebrew on them is with an exploit in the firmware, which allows an E-Loader.

CFW Enabler can be loaded on those with 5.03 firmware and below to run your homebrew and ISOs

so if you have greater than 5.03 firmware, you are SOL, unless you buy another PSP.

If you have firmware 5.03 or below, look here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133/th … ost1278092

if not, like I said, you're SOL.

Charlotte

nvm then sad can you downgrade firmware?

))<>((

Nope, not on the 3000s.

Charlotte

Dang.. well that sucks.. hah maybe I can find a 1000 or 2000 at some pawn shop or a flee market... haha

))<>((

I'd say go for a 1000, because with those, any one you get will be hackable, while the 2000s, there's a chance you'll get an un-Pandora-able one, which would fall under the same category of hackability as the 3000s.

Charlotte

Ok thanks for helping tongue sorry if it was at all annoying for you to help... haha

IL, US

if you get a 2000 series god of war one, theyre all hackable..2000 series has the video out which is a nice bonus for weirdos like me, but plan on doing extra psp research if you want to do that..took me a while to get that working right and its still flakey...if you opt for 2000 series, there are places online that can teach you how to know if its fully hackable or not based on the serial number smile

Ohio

i believe my girlfriend has a 3000, and i put chick-Hen on it.
it it ever gets turned off and un-modded, it can be redone easily, ive done it quite a few times so she could play monster hunter with me.

i just recently got lgpt to work on my 1000 series, 5.50 Prometheus-4 firmware
now i just need to learn how to use it lol... (new to the chiptune scene)