Chicago IL
TSC wrote:

I see it's on backorder already...

dogg you put yours on ebay

NUMBSKULL
TSC wrote:

Okay so this is pretty embarrassing...

When I went to SST I added a note about the being "backordered" just to basically say that shipping times would be delayed because I'd be gone. Then I came back and had a gazillion orders so I left it, but last weekend I pulled a marathon and am now totally caught up. I removed the message last weekend, but people kept asking when orders would ship, if it was backordered, etc. I couldn't figure out what was going on.

I just realized I removed the message, but the button you click to actually buy it still says "Backorder". D'oh. I fixed that.

And just a general FYI, basically nothing I sell is ever "backordered" or even out of stock. I hand assemble everything to order (meaning I don't stock a large amount of assembled products at any given time, just the parts to build them). So the only factor in shipping times is how quickly I can build and test your order while working full time and raising two kids. I like to think I'm pretty reliable, but when I'm literally not in the country all I can do is set expectations about shipping times.

But yeah TL;DR is these will be available forever as long as I can physically build them and ship them. I like to think my track record is enough to ask for people's trust, but if you're still not comfortable just don't buy it!

Milwaukee, WI
Saskrotch wrote:
TSC wrote:

dogg you put yours on ebay

dogg I never said I was buyin'

IL, US

Agreed on catskull being awesome. I sent him my broken gp2x so he could use it for parts, instead he fixed it and sent it back to me

San Francisco

Just wanted to swing in here and say this is rad to see. GenMDM is a rad bit of kit and it is cool to see it getting produced again.

just picked mine up and still trying to figure it out...u might see me back here looking for help....but big thanx to catskull shop.

hey does anyone know how to set genMDM up in FL studio or Cubase....im having a really hard time figuring it out...any help will be rad folks..

Meow_woof_tapes, I've just purchased a GenMDM form CatSkull too and I'm starting to figure it out with LOGIC.... I think some of the back 'ol days software would be really helpful for the pourpose of fully managing the device.

I've contacted little-scale with the hope of him providing with some hints on useful apps nowadays for CC midi routing and control...
Of course any contribution by any member of the chipmusic community is well appreciated.

Worst scenario we can get in touch and share information on how to "take the reins" of this incredible piece of ingeniousness.

Last edited by Karmat (Nov 26, 2019 3:57 pm)

I'm going to try and design an Arduino based front end for GenMDM. The goal is to have an SD card that you can dump TFI files on that you can scroll through. I'm designing it to have 4 knobs for CC control and an LCD screen and buttons for navigating through the settings / presets.

I also want to add poly support so it will sit between your GenMDM 3.5mm midi input and keyboard / midi device to use it a bit more like a keyboard.

I'll release all the code and schematics once it's all done, give me a couple of months wink

I built something similar for my lighting rig so I'm feeling pretty confident it can be done fairly easily.

Jamatar wrote:

I'm going to try and design an Arduino based front end for GenMDM.

heart heart heart

So if anyone is keen, here's version 0.1 of my front end of GenMDM, called Genajam big_smile

https://github.com/jamatarmusic/genajam

All you need is an Arduino UNO, micro SD card reader, midi output and a LCD keypad shield. I'm using female to male prototype cables to hook everything up at the moment.

Dump a bunch of TFI files on the root of the SD card and you'll be able to select them per channel smile It plugs into the MIDI input of the GenMDM and then you can use the USB to send it notes and stuff.

For anyone who's keen! Otherwise, I'll be moving forward with adding full FM parameter controls and working towards a physical prototype in the coming weeks / months.

Last edited by Jamatar (Mar 12, 2020 5:33 am)

The Forest, WA
Jamatar wrote:

So if anyone is keen, here's version 0.1 of my front end of GenMDM, called Genajam big_smile

https://github.com/jamatarmusic/genajam

All you need is an Arduino UNO, micro SD card reader, midi output and a LCD keypad shield. I'm using female to male prototype cables to hook everything up at the moment.

Dump a bunch of TFI files on the root of the SD card and you'll be able to select them per channel smile It plugs into the MIDI input of the GenMDM and then you can use the USB to send it notes and stuff.

For anyone who's keen! Otherwise, I'll be moving forward with adding full FM parameter controls and working towards a physical prototype in the coming weeks / months.

hey great work! keep it coming!

NUMBSKULL

Just wanted to say we've got Jamatar's GENajam make into some nice hardware that's now for sale. His work here is really incredible.

More info: https://catskullelectronics.com/product … by-jamatar

Or check out his github link above!

Dallas, Texas

Wow, that is a really clever device. Never heard of it before, but looks incredibly fun to pair with GenMDM. Bringing the workflow out of the daw, and closer the hands it always welcomed! heart

London, UK

Amazing. I had seen jamatar working on this, but didn't realise it would become a product to buy! Just purchased. Can't wait!

Keep producing great things Catskull!