Bratislava, Slovakia

Yes Frantic, on TD-3 is knob BPM, but it is not to exact value, there is only slow and fast, so i ran defMON track with default speed (all my tunes up to now is at default speed so they can be easily mixed in DJ set) and i moved knob with very little amount to match that speed (shown in photo), but now i have deal with Scannerboy so he can sell me his sync device, which is great.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Oct 14, 2020 5:31 pm)

Cool! Good to hear that you were able to get hold of a unit! It is very reliable.

Poland, Gdansk
frantic wrote:

Another option could be to move the wiki to some other server, in case someone happens to have access to a server where the wiki could be hosted.

Any reactions?

Maybe you could put the wiki on github

Maybe, yes. I'll give it some more thought.

Today I cancelled the current webhosting + domain for the defMON wiki, and it will expire around January 12 2021. So it will be functional for a few months more. We'll see what sort of solution/alternative I'll find until then.

Bratislava, Slovakia

Yesterday i recorded that my latest defMON track entitled Morse Code with Behringer TD-3 acid basslines, here it is smile

https://martindemsky.bandcamp.com/track … -feat-td-3

Nice smile

Bratislava, Slovakia

defMON sync adapter arrived, it looks nice smile

Congratulations! Good to know:

CTRL+SHIFT+PERIOD = Midi/Dinsync delay value up
CTRL+SHIFT+COMMA = Midi/Dinsync delay value down

You may want to fiddle with this setting to fine-tune the sync with your external gear.

Bratislava, Slovakia

Thanks for tip, by the way, can i use also ordinary stereo 3,5 mm jack cable? I looked in my workroom at cables corner, and i don't have now mono cables, only those "big jack" 6,3 mm to mix. But i will try to use midi din cable first.

Last edited by martin_demsky (Oct 27, 2020 7:25 am)

Hi! I never used that 3,5mm jack myself actually, so I can't answer that. Scannerboy would be the one to ask, I suppose. I would be interested in hearing the answer though.

Last edited by frantic (Oct 27, 2020 10:23 am)

Austria

Hi! Is this about an analog sync out of defmon sync device? About sync cables - I have soldered 3.5mm sync cables for analog sync quite a few times. Usually they should be mono, except when you use pocket operators. So you can short L and R, work with this perfectly. 5V TTL level is sufficient for all gear I tried (Korg Volcas, Arturia Beatstep, Keystep, LSDJ analog sync mode, ...., .... ). At home I have the pinout, but afaik it's the same pinout like connecting audio (where GND should be, and where signal should be). Gonna verify this in the evening.

Yes this is for Scannerboy's interface which has DIN-sync, MIDI clock and — last but not least — analogue 3,5mm sync compatible with LSDj for example. A question from me is:

What sort of connector is used at the gameboy end?

Bratislava, Slovakia

https://imgur.com/a/5kk1eHp

I set TD-3 to midi sync and it works, but Gameboy sync connector i don't know, maybe it could be interesting to sync defMON with lsdj or nanoloop.

Edit: that stereo 3,5 mm jack cable also works, i changed tempo on the fly and bassline is always in perfect sync, amazing smile

Last edited by martin_demsky (Oct 27, 2020 9:59 pm)

Maybe this type of adapter would do the trick?

https://catskullelectronics.com/product … nc-adapter

Not sure

Last edited by frantic (Oct 27, 2020 10:05 pm)

Cool! smile