Milwaukee, WI

Utilities to write music for N106 and FDS, and not be MML.  PC-Engine tracker.  Neo Geo Tracker with more than just FM support.  smile

*COUGH*Famitracker Beta*COUGHCOUGH*

The latest Famitracker has rudimentary N106 and FDS support. big_smile

For me, I think the perfect program would be an IDE for MML that could read your code and play it back for you in real time without having to recompile and play up until the new part every time or create a whole new file with just the new part.  It would be nice to hear the note you enter with the sound parameters you set and be able to listen to the whole thing with the push of a button and be able to highlight and listen to just certain sections.  Any platform would be awesome or a generic one that didn't necessarily read the sound parameters.

Last edited by Beware (Jul 11, 2010 8:34 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

It has N106?  I thought it only had FDS...

))<>((
Beware wrote:

For me, I think the perfect program would be an IDE for MML that could read your code and play it back for you in real time without having to recompile and play up until the new part every time or create a whole new file with just the new part.  It would be nice to hear the note you enter with the sound parameters you set and be able to listen to the whole thing with the push of a button and be able to highlight and listen to just certain sections.  Any platform would be awesome or a generic one that didn't necessarily read the sound parameters.

yes this.

AANABAY01

ultima underworld 3. it counts because i imagine it having the best adlib soundtrack of all time

okay it doesn't count. actually what i want right now is a simple way of splitting up multisong FTMs and being able to import zem into others, with any new instruments being added to ze list

Wheeling, WV

A Mac OSX version of Famitracker.

uhajdafdfdfa
Theta_Frost wrote:

Utilities to write music for N106 and FDS, and not be MML.

it2nsf

http://mukunda.com/

Why dream when you can have it in REAL LIFE??

uhajdafdfdfa

whoah double post that's cool

Last edited by ant1 (Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm)

sweden
jbuonacc wrote:

dual SID chips and DMG CPU in one box (with four outputs), controlled by a dedicated tracker interface.

Mine would probably be something similar. Like lsdj with a built in 6581 in the cart going through the vin input or something.

Beware wrote:

For me, I think the perfect program would be an IDE for MML that could read your code and play it back for you in real time without having to recompile...

Yes!

hotmessization wrote:

Double Yes!

Last edited by Battle Lava (Jul 12, 2010 5:28 pm)

Kalamazoo

to re continue the sid-station... and to have be affordable!

That's not a program/app, but that's my dream so go to hell...

Last edited by Pastel Arsenal (Jul 12, 2010 7:20 pm)

rochester, ny
hotmessization wrote:

this.

Psydney, Australia

A tracker able to import .SID files ;D

lolusa
bucky wrote:

The Sega Pico is another pretty interesting device. In terms of audio, it's basically a Sega Master System with an ...

I'm so glad I saw that video, didn't know you could use a genesis PSU.
Finally got to mess around with the magic school bus. And YES, someone turn this into a Kaosspicopad or something.

Carbondale, IL

An open-source, cheap, non-reprogrammable GameBoy cartridge design.  I figure most people who use the GameBoy as a music medium only use one or two different applications, so it makes more sense to own one or two $25 non-reprogrammable cartridges with the necessary apps loaded rather than a $60 reprogrammable cartridge which the user might only program once.  It's actually a project I'm thinking about doing myself.

- Powerpak for Game Boy
- Powerpak for Genesis
- an LSDJ cartridge that only lets you write New Edition and/or New Order covers
- SunVox