Nashville, Tennessee
Decktonic wrote:
smiletron wrote:

dunno, don't remember, don't care enough to change it. its suprisingly catchy.

I've always wanted to know... is it pronounced "smi - luh - tron" or "smile - tron?"

smile-tron

Psydney, Australia

Back in the day most ppl on the scene had pretentious names like Obliterator and Suffocator and such, so a friend and I decided to pick the silliest nicknames we could come up with based on our real names. My name is ilija, hence iLKke (seemed silly at the time, we were pretty high). Double K is a nod to Finland, THE demoscene country.
Capitalization is to differentiate I from l big_smile

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
iLKke wrote:

Back in the day most ppl on the scene had pretentious names like Obliterator and Suffocator and such, so a friend and I decided to pick the silliest nicknames we could come up with based on our real names. My name is ilija, hence iLKke (seemed silly at the time, we were pretty high). Double K is a nod to Finland, THE demoscene country.
Capitalization is to differentiate I from l big_smile

Are you by any chance female and Scandinavian?

Last edited by Reteris (Jul 5, 2010 1:56 pm)

Psydney, Australia
Reteris wrote:

Are you by any chance female and Scandinavian?

Nope, but it lead to some hilarious developments on #pixel and #amigascne back int he day.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Hah! I read your interview on pixeljoint wink

San Francisco

why do tons of people have kid in their handle? why isnt there like nanoman or brkcoreman?

Dunno, this is not my artist name though.

))<>((
BRKCOREKID wrote:

Yeah, Pihb3r Optic is. ;p

tacticalbread wrote:
BRKCOREKID wrote:

Yeah, Pihb3r Optic is. ;p

Nah

A gray world of dread

I wanted to unleash dread and despair on forum coders.

haha

Newcastle, UK

Its my real name... at least I think it is. OH MY GOD WHO AM I?!

Scotlandddd.

Real names Samuel and i just took the vowels out.

birmingham

I got mine in a moment of epiphany after visiting a broken forum while browsing the web for things related to that roguelike IVAN. The page consisted of a bunch of code, followed by a gap, followed by more code. And in the middle, basked in glowing whiteness, the words 'Cesque does not exist.' I found this quite poignant, and adopted it. Later I found out that Cesque was a user on the forums, and I stole his name... sorry!

It sounds French but means nothing at all, and also looks nice backwards: euqsec!

Westfield, NJ
Cesque wrote:

It sounds French but means nothing at all

Cesque la vie!

Je M'appelle is French for "My name is", so it's kind of ironic.