Melbourne, Australia

Anyone else care to share when they're going to be there and where they're staying?
Celsius and myself arrive on 31/08 and leave on 10/09 and are staying at Super Hotel Nishiguchi in Ikebukuro.
For what its worth for those of you who haven't organised accomodation we stayed in Toyoko Inn last time and it was a bargain for what it was, and Super Hotel by all online accounts its equally good and Ikebukuro is a pretty handy area to stay in my opinion

Tucson, AZ

Arriving in Tokyo on August 27.
Departing on September 7.

Melbourne, Australia
Nullsleep wrote:

Arriving in Tokyo on August 27.
Departing on September 7.

Where are yas stayinz?

Tucson, AZ

¯\(°_o)/¯

Tokyo, Japan
dosPrompt wrote:

Anyone else care to share when they're going to be there and where they're staying?
Celsius and myself arrive on 31/08 and leave on 10/09 and are staying at Super Hotel Nishiguchi in Ikebukuro.
For what its worth for those of you who haven't organised accomodation we stayed in Toyoko Inn last time and it was a bargain for what it was, and Super Hotel by all online accounts its equally good and Ikebukuro is a pretty handy area to stay in my opinion

Toyoko Inn and Super Hotel are real bargains. Also, Ikebukuro is not too far away from where Blip is being held, so I agree that it's a good place to stay. Also check out hotels in Asagaya. That should be a cheap place to stay right next to Kouenji.

GNV / FL / USA
Nullsleep wrote:

¯\(°_o)/¯

Yeah, I gotta figure that out, too.

¯\(>_<)/¯

Melbourne, Australia

Come stay at Super Hotel with the rest of the Aus crew!

NSW, Australia
celsius wrote:

Come stay at Super Hotel with the rest of the Aus crew!

Yeah, its going to be a blast!

... oh wait

Tokyo, Japan

Ikebukuro is only about 10 minutes and a fairly easy train change from koenji. I think Yamanote line from Ikubukuro to Shinjuku then Platform 16 of the sobu line and 4 stops to koenji.

I miss you all so much! Its going to be awesome to see you all.

Actually, its walking distance from one of the best arcades in the world so you can call get fucked up at the game of your choice.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Aug 5, 2010 6:32 am)

Los Angeles
Lazerbeat wrote:

Ikebukuro is only about 10 minutes and a fairly easy train change from koenji. I think Yamanote line from Ikubukuro to Shinjuku then Platform 16 of the sobu line and 4 stops to koenji.

I miss you all so much! Its going to be awesome to see you all.

Actually, its walking distance from one of the best arcades in the world so you can call get fucked up at the game of your choice.

Man that sounds so confusing. I'M SO FUCKING LOST

Melbourne, Australia

Allow me to at least attempt to be helpful smile

Go to http://www.superhotel.co.jp/en/index.html and stay at Ikebukuro kitaguchi or nishiguchi (Theres a group of Aussies, including Me and Celsius, dot.AY and little-scale (for some of the time) staying at nishiguchi)
Or go to http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/hotellist.html and stay at ikebukuro 1 or 2.
All these hotels are walking distance to each other. Oh, and they have free breakfast!

A word of warning though, last time we went we had to change hotels half way through because we left it too late to book. I know that some of the nights and some rooms at Superhotel Nishiguchi are sold out around the time of blip already.

Only thing cheaper that these places from my research is staying in a hostel.

It does sound confusing when you look at all those details  about how to get to koeji but the train is actually SUPER easy and all the announcements are in English which helps a lot (and if we're all staying close together at least we can go in a group/s)

Tokyo, Japan

This is another hostel.

http://www.khaosan-tokyo.com/en/index.html

Very close Akihabara.

Also Dosprompt is right the train system in Tokyo is MUCH simpler than you might imagine, all signs announcements and maps are in English. The only really difficult thing about the train system is the scale.

Also this site is SUPER useful

http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

Just put in two station names and it gives you the lines/transfer stations/cost and time. Its awesome.

Melbourne, Australia

Oh, if you're staying for a week or more its worth getting a suica card at the airport train station. It's easy as you just have to swipe it rather than buy a ticket for each trip

Theres some info here http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_002.html It just means you can't screw up by having the wrong ticket and you can use it on vending machines too

Last edited by dosPrompt (Aug 5, 2010 7:24 am)

Melbourne, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:

How about kangaroo cold cuts for a sammich? xD

If anyone does actually really want to try kangaroo by the way, I think we can bring jerky in so long as it's in a sealed package (and so long as Eugene doesn't get to the jerky before we get to Japan wink )

Melbourne, Australia
dosPrompt wrote:

(and so long as Eugene doesn't get to the jerky before we get to Japan wink )

You never said there would be jerky. neutral This changes everything.

Melbourne, Australia

Oh well if you don't want jerky...