Nashville, Tennessee

George Michael Brower. All his songs are incredible.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
smiletron wrote:

George Michael Brower. All his songs are incredible.

on their muxtape or whatever it is, all the tracks are KILLER.

</truth>

Melbourne, Australia

If you dont have the High Voltage Sid Collection you havent lived. It's a crime for people to make chip without hearing HVSC's offerings. It is true chiptune heritage

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vytantus wrote:

If you dont have the High Voltage Sid Collection you havent lived. It's a crime for people to make chip without hearing HVSC's offerings. It is true chiptune heritage

Seconded!

Québec

She - Pioneer

Danger - 9/14/2007 EP (the upcoming release also sounds fucking pro. can't wait.)

Saskrotch - Exploding Head Disease

Saskrotch - I'll have you naked by the end of this ROM

Last edited by phase_terminale (Jan 13, 2010 8:28 am)

Tokyo, Japan

Actually, I'm going to recommend 11hzrobot. I think He is on muxtape but he did some wonderful piggy tracker stuff

Camden, London

oh and anything ANYTHING by J. Arthur Keenes

paris, france
Sabrepulse wrote:

Going through some of the mods/xms suggested in here, loving random voice's monday

Yep! I can loop that chiptune during hours! big_smile

Btw, I made a 8 channel .mod version 15 years ago (just added some echo on lead and more powerful drums).
You can find the file here smile

Utah
Random wrote:

I'm glad ant1 points out some musicdisks. The large amount of EPs released in chipmusic is a quite new phenomenon. Just 10 years ago or so, I think there were more chipdisks released than EPs.

Some of my personal favourite chipdisks include:
Beepdealers - Chipdisk #1 (Windows, 2002)
Razor 1911 - Chipdisk 4, The Essentials (Windows, 2004)
Backtrack - ihyper (Windows, 2004)
IRIS & Up Rough - Planet Hively (Multi-platform, 2008)
Rebels - Chipmusicdisk #1 (Windows, 2002)
Warryorz (Atari ST, 2003)
Tequila - ouch (Windows, 2000)

Can't be bothered to mention EPs and albums for now, sorry smile

That Warryorz chipdisk is super good. I'm going to have to check out some other YM Rockerz stuff.

California

heh everything I love has been mentioned. wonderful lists here.

London, UK
rez wrote:

Btw, I made a 8 channel .mod version 15 years ago (just added some echo on lead and more powerful drums).
You can find the file here smile

brilliant!!!!

syphus's fast quest is something I love to loop:

http://syphus.net/mods/syphus-fast_quest.xm

Last edited by Sabrepulse (Jan 14, 2010 1:12 am)

Norwich / London

Fighter X's version of Massive Damage is on of my favourite chip tune songs. Its so energetic and hard and fast.

California
Random wrote:

Yes, there are some archives that you simply cannot be without if you like chipmusic. HVSC being on top of the list in my opinion followed by the SNDH Collection, 2a03 archive (sadly down at the moment, and was not very updated lately).

Archives of .MODs etc is harder to store and update, since the filesize (usually) is a lot bigger than .SIDs, .SNDs etc. But the list of archives found at the 8bit today post Chema64 also mentioned is very helpful.

so I gotta come clean. I have been into chip music for a while now and I have not delved into these resources. honestly I do not know where to start and who makes the best stuff. So maybe one of these days I should dedicate some time to exploring these sites.

paris, france

I don't remember if someone already posted the link, but the best place for Amiga exotic music format (I mean everything but mod files) is UnExoticA, the HVSC of Amiga smile

I forgot to mention it last, but one of my alltime favorite chiptune artist is of course Radix and his best chip (for me) is the cute Paul the penguin! smile

Stockholm
Sabrepulse wrote:

Going through some of the mods/xms suggested in here, loving random voice's monday

Yeah, one of my personal favourite chiptunes as well.

I remember playing it when we were sitting in Firebrand Boy's bedroom the night before the first show of Chiptune Alliance Tour 08, discussing how great it was, and that sweet panning of the lead at one point smile However, I don't blame you for not remembering, haha. I think we all had quite a lot of new input during that week (musical and other), a lot of which got filtered out and forgotten.

Stockholm
rez wrote:

I forgot to mention it last, but one of my alltime favorite chiptune artist is of course Radix and his best chip (for me) is the cute Paul the penguin! smile

I think we have a very similar taste smile

Radix remains one of the biggest influences and heroes in chiptune for me. I've probably played his tunes for weeks or months worth, if you would sum it up.