Unsubscribe

NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!

GWARRGGGHH!!

Seoul, S. Korea

Senior Baldwin... where do we send the money to buy you a beer for your greatness?

WOW MAN!
herr_prof wrote:

NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!

GWARRGGGHH!!

You OK there Proff?

WOW MAN!
SnuGG wrote:

Senior Baldwin... where do we send the money to buy you a beer for your greatness?

Well, the charity link is still active from when I set it up for NTRQ. Don't feel pressured to donate but I'd sure appreciate it, and feel appreciated, if you did. You can wait until Pulsar is released though - that's cool.

WOW MAN!

Re. expansion chips etc.

I would really, really struggle to add anything extra to Pulsar. It's a constant juggling act - add a bit here, take a bit here. It really is running right on the edge of dying. I'll enable some colour changes on the screen for the next demo to show you how much of the CPU it is taking up big_smile

rochester, ny
Soiled Bargains wrote:

It looks promising, and I'm interested from what I've heard so far.

Yet, since the roadmap looks like it's going to be "create LSDJ's uncle", I fear that in the years after Pulsar is released that NES chiptunes will get a little soiled, might I say, like what I believe has happened to the GameBoy scene with LSDJ's overuse (might not be the right word, seeing as it's virtually the only good program out there), and what I sometimes consider bland creations.

It might just be my paranoia. But I'm a little skeptic on whether this will impact the NES scene for better, or for worse. hmm

what are your feelings on famitracker?

Lawrenceville, GA
Lazerbeat wrote:

some insanity

now i get to ask neil this:

can we have a version of pulsar that can hook up to other NESes through the controller port to sync, and have each one output 7-bit PCM audio with the DPCM channel?  This way we can have a system that plays XM files with effects, up to 32 channels at 32Khz (one channel per NES).  Totally doable.  Have each NES plug into another from its controller 1 port to the other's 2 port and make a ring.

this is a totally great idea, way better than using a pc

Minneapolis
RushJet1 wrote:
Lazerbeat wrote:

some insanity

now i get to ask neil this:

can we have a version of pulsar that can hook up to other NESes through the controller port to sync, and have each one output 7-bit PCM audio with the DPCM channel?  This way we can have a system that plays XM files with effects, up to 32 channels at 32Khz (one channel per NES).  Totally doable.  Have each NES plug into another from its controller 1 port to the other's 2 port and make a ring.

this is a totally great idea, way better than using a pc

neilbaldwin wrote:

I would really, really struggle to add anything extra to Pulsar. It's a constant juggling act - add a bit here, take a bit here. It really is running right on the edge of dying. I'll enable some colour changes on the screen for the next demo to show you how much of the CPU it is taking up big_smile

uhajdafdfdfa

Someone missed some sarcasm I think tongue

I'm following this development with great excitement.
I do wonder what the odds are that Pulsar will be able to sync to some external source. with a sync feature I'd be happy to donate a bunch.

Brooklyn, NY
ant1 wrote:

Someone missed some sarcasm I think tongue

Big time smile

venezuela ccs

I think that the first official version will be a standard based in lsdj. Neil needs to concentrate on a solid structure first to next add some extras in the future new versions!

I´m waiting your next demo changes Neil!

WOW MAN!

Another video update with two videos! (Well, one that I had to split into two part because of the 15 minute YouTube limitation).

http://blog.ntrq.net/?p=350

Milwaukee, WI

Wow!  This is looking to be a powerful tracker!  A new level of NES synthesis for sure.

venezuela ccs

yes Neil!! excellent progress

Everyday I want to have Pulsar in my hands even more