Turku, FIN

i love this so much.
Also, love song would be nice!

Ontario, Canada

Heh, actually I graduated highschool a few months ago, I'm taking a year off and I don't have a job, so I have lots of time. But really with these things, I spend most of the time dicking around or not in the house, it's a pretty leisurely process actually, just because I don't second guess anything and things come easier when topics and genres are chosen for you.

Round three will be these challenges, then for the next rounds I think I will changes things up a bit...

bleo wrote:

Song for a children's show. Teaching kids proper txt msg etqte lol >_<

Cartoon Bomb wrote:

I will resubmit this with more info...of course I don't expect you to take it up smile

"Basically, the Shaggs wrote sweet little songs about love, cars, and goofy nonsensical crap.  It was kinda like the beach boys, but written by 14 year old girls in the 60's.  The most challenging part for you would be the music, because it defies everything you've ever known about structure and melody.  They cannot play at all.  The guitarist usually plays one note per syllable, following the vocals, but not in any scale.  The vocals change notes every syllable.  The drummer is not able to keep time.  It has a haunting vibe to it that encourages lamenting of lost childhood/innocence to the listener.

enso wrote:

Genre: 60s & 70s Italian Soundtracks
ex:

Concept is something like you sold all your belongings and took a roadtrip across Europe in order to fulfill your goal of finding the best cup of coffee. Could be instrumental or not! (if it does have vocals, I'd love to hear some harmonies in this style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kTjszwaDc )

10k wrote:

Alt country, epic story-telling track, game boy, some kind recorder (wooden wind instrument, to be clear), guitar and lyrics about a woman who loves a man, but has to leave because he beats on her, or drinks, or has gone crazy from years of "working the land" and it is heaps sad and everything.

It must have eight verses, no chorus, but maybe some kind of repeated phrase at the end of each verse, so the recorder can really shine.

DID I MAKE ROUND THREE?
I ask because I think you could make this song fucking amazing.

low-gain wrote:

Write a love song for my girlfriend ... only you haven't met my girlfriend. wink

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

YES!!!! :-D

Neo Jersey

wow man, you write better stuff in 48 hours than i could...ever lol. well done. im going to try and conjure up a challenge for you...

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

??

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

I'm so excited.

Ontario, Canada

Round 3 was postponed a few days, I started yesterday it's pretty much done now, but it's mostly not very good...something went wrong with it.  A couple of the songs are okay (10k's and low-gain's challenges in fact), but it was sort of a painful process, I think it was a bad idea to use old challenges.  I might upload the whole thing just for the sake of completeness, but I'm tempted to just put up those 2 songs.  I think I've just grown weary of this format of it...I'm going to take a break from this to record a "real" album, but I'll continue with these in some other way as soon as it's done.

Last edited by J. Arthur Keenes (Sep 15, 2010 4:10 am)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

oh dont hold out on us!! lets here the 2 completed songs! no failure in that man!!! and yes yes yes to a "real" album!!! I'd totally release it for ya if you wanted. hehe

J. Arthur Keenes Band Rocks!

Last edited by low-gain (Sep 15, 2010 4:38 am)

Ontario, Canada

whoops, double post

Last edited by J. Arthur Keenes (Sep 17, 2010 2:43 am)

Ontario, Canada

Round 3 is finished, It's not as bad as I thought it was, still probably the worst of the three though.  enso: I tried to do what you challenged me, but it came out as some lame jazz fusion thing.  10k: I only did 4 verses because it would have ended up as atleast a 9 minute song if I had done 8 and I wasn't prepared to write so many lyrics...

48 Hour EP Vol. 3
1. Probably
2. T Is For Text
3. Steely Don
4. Dog
5. Woven Nest

San Jose, Ca

I've only heard "Probably" so far but oh my god its amazing.  I died laughing.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

Round 3 is finished, It's not as bad as I thought it was, still probably the worst of the three though.  enso: I tried to do what you challenged me, but it came out as some lame jazz fusion thing.  10k: I only did 4 verses because it would have ended up as atleast a 9 minute song if I had done 8 and I wasn't prepared to write so many lyrics...

48 Hour EP Vol. 3
1. Probably
2. T Is For Text
3. Steely Don
4. Dog
5. Woven Nest

I'm downloading now.
Happy to let you off. :-)

Melbourne, Australia

This is about the best thing I've ever heard. SO FUCKING FUNNY!

I need to go back over the other two.

Ontario, Canada

Thanks, yeah, if you like that one, you'll probably like the others, I think they sort of descend in overall quality from 1-3.

Norwich, UK

it say:

Error (500)

Something went wrong. Don't worry your files are still safe and the Dropboxers have been notified. Check out our FAQ or forums for help. Or maybe you should try heading home.

Ontario, Canada

Hmm, that's odd, all of the links work for me, does this happen for anyone else?