Turku, FIN

http://www.failotron.org/winstanley/Hen … 20Soon.mp3

Chicago IL

i've been avoiding posting in this cause i dont want to come off as a dick, but i agree with george on this one. this, in my opinion, in a private matter. and all though i don't know what rare candy said (and don't want to know), it seems like if you go into a public forum, and basically say 'hey, sorry i've been weird' and then imply that you tried to kill yourself, that kind of shit is going to happen. i'm not saying it's right, just inevitable.

a lot of people (or maybe not) know i've got lots of problems with depression, and when stuff like this has come up for me (ive never gone to a hospital over it, just so no one gets too worried), it's something you say specifically to the people effected. you write them privately and let them know whats going on, you don't broadcast it to the internet through a forum. i don't think he deserves whatever was said, but i feel like he never would've read it anyway, and when you do something like this, it's pretty much expected.

Middlesbrough, UK

keep safe man, have been in the same place, and the sleep, eat, water, and excersise (paintball, walk, boxing) helps. its rediculous but it works soo much. peace. ^^

philly
Saskrotch wrote:

i've been avoiding posting in this cause i dont want to come off as a dick, but i agree with george on this one. this, in my opinion, in a private matter. and all though i don't know what rare candy said (and don't want to know), it seems like if you go into a public forum, and basically say 'hey, sorry i've been weird' and then imply that you tried to kill yourself, that kind of shit is going to happen. i'm not saying it's right, just inevitable.

a lot of people (or maybe not) know i've got lots of problems with depression, and when stuff like this has come up for me (ive never gone to a hospital over it, just so no one gets too worried), it's something you say specifically to the people effected. you write them privately and let them know whats going on, you don't broadcast it to the internet through a forum. i don't think he deserves whatever was said, but i feel like he never would've read it anyway, and when you do something like this, it's pretty much expected.

There's a risk in posting this sort of thing publicly, but only because there are those who may not be mature enough to respond respectfully. Clearly he has some issues he's taking seriously, so we might as well wish him our best, sincerely, and move on.

Last edited by bucky (Oct 4, 2010 10:49 pm)

Bronx, NY
Saskrotch wrote:

things

The better move on her part would have been to ignore it, then. I too don't think it's the best move to post this in public, and of course it's to be expected (lol welcome to the internet amirite?), but that doesn't really justify assholish behavior or absolve anyone of blame in that area.

Wheeling, WV

Alright, let's be honest, I couldn't resist checking this thread. An alcohol-induced rant is happening now.

Mods/admin, by all means, close or delete this.

I didn't mean to cause some sort of shit storm. I expected a good amount of support/hatred resulting from this, and I expected the support to be from the people who matter. I was right.

Some of you guys have been wishing me luck, and to that, I thank you. Some of you guys contacted me outside of here with tremendous support, and to that I thank you. To the people who have been reacting the opposite way, please, hear me out on this.

I am sick. Mental illness is an illness. If I made a post saying that I almost died of cancer and I'm leaving the community for a bit to recover, this whole discussion wouldn't be happening. Why is it so different when I almost die from depression?

This is a community that I love. This is a community that has been a part of my identity for years. This is a part of my life. All of you are a part of my life. When I choose to take a break from that, I want to inform everybody involved about it. Everybody involved is all of you.

Were some of the responses here expected? Of course. Are they justifiable? Honestly, maybe. But, really none of it matters.

Maybe I should have left the original post at this, and from this point, maybe we can just forget this ever happened:

Hey, chipmusic, I'm sick. I have an illness. I'm going to take some time to recover. I'll be back in about a year or so. See you then.

Anybody who wants to get ahold of me should know how to.

Last edited by hotmessization (Oct 5, 2010 5:46 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Closed.