Milwaukee, WI
Ary (get dat lunch) wrote:

yallz are gonna think im retarded but honestly: try having sex within an hour before your set. it rules, and your show will rule. and if it fails... at least you had awesome sex (unless you fucked that up to.)

An hour? Try 10 minutes beforehand.

Then slam a beer.

BULLETPROOF.

Unsubscribe

Im looking forward to live chiptune sex shows.

Los Angeles
nordloef wrote:
trash80 wrote:

Mega memory cart is good for solo gameboy backups.

^This has saved my ass a few times. A MMC with a resent sav and a spare cart is something i always bring with me when I play live.

You can never be too safe.

lolusa
herr_prof wrote:

Im looking forward to live chiptune sex shows.

http://www.seancarnage.com/2010/10/07/i … ance-ever/
Never seen Meneo, but I think he has some serious competition now.

Milwaukee, WI

That was just lame.

rochester, ny
nordloef wrote:
trash80 wrote:

Mega memory cart is good for solo gameboy backups.

^This has saved my ass a few times. A MMC with a resent sav and a spare cart is something i always bring with me when I play live.

will an MMC back up all the songs on my cart or just the open song?

i use one to transfer gameboy camera files. i don't know why it never occurred to me to use it to back up music too. thanks!

Washington DC

Chiptune needs more pretend boning.

Last edited by Zomvor (Apr 2, 2016 2:37 pm)

Los Angeles
nickmaynard wrote:
nordloef wrote:

will an MMC back up all the songs on my cart or just the open song?

i use one to transfer gameboy camera files. i don't know why it never occurred to me to use it to back up music too. thanks!

All savegame data- all songs. I think(?) some of the newer carts dont work(?) maybe the 64m ems or soemthing doesn't. I donno, I've been using the mmc for lsdj since 2001ish. So later carts I dont know.

The best thing about the mmc is its flash storage, so no battery. \o/

Athens, GA

I'm playing my first chip show on the 21st - thanks for all the advice I've vicariously obtained through Nick, everyone! I'm pretty lucky in that I'm opening for another musician (Dj CUTMAN - http://www.djcutman.com) who knows his way around live shows and will have a million cables for backup. He's also probably going to mess with a Kaoss Pad for at least one of my songs, so I get even more hand-holding goodness. Like Nick, I've played live shows before (but far, far fewer) with guitar-bass-drum-type bands but haven't done so in a long, long time. I'll be pretty damned nervous.

I only have two carts and need both for performing (although one is just for running the keyboard, so if shit hits the fan I can just steal that cart and do without the keyboard). I plan on going with fresh batteries and hoping to hell the carts don't die during performance. A couple beers and a couple weeks of rehearsing should do the trick.

San Francisco

i tend to just do my thing rather then think about what i am doing.

that was my first gig. not much to see but you know. all live but i stood dead still the entire time. people were into it anyways. just my lsdj. now i use effect pedals tweaking and mixers and what not. the less you worry and the more you focous on what your doing the better it is.... occasionally i like to yell at my audience stoopid shit to get them involved.

Liverpool, UK

If you don't have a MMC/lappy to bring for backups, buy a cheap 1gb mp3 player, and bring a recording of your songs, just incase y'all

lolusa
Dauragon wrote:

Chiptune needs more pretend boning.

been dry-humped too many times while performing.

rochester, ny
calmdownkidder wrote:

If you don't have a MMC/lappy to bring for backups, buy a cheap 1gb mp3 player, and bring a recording of your songs, just incase y'all

for all the revengineers shows, we bring an ipod with .wav versions of the nsf files. it has saved our asses so many times.

rochester, ny

http://vimeo.com/15700761

a video from the show. it went great. thanks for the great advice.

i'd typically be a lot more animated but the room made me feel very awkward. everyone was sitting at little tables, kind of a weird distance from me, and i think that a local human rights group was trying to have a meeting in one corner of the room. i don't know, it was weird.

but yeah, a great first show. low pressure. the only big mistake i made was that i accidentally must have switched back to song mode somehow and when i hit start, the song stopped playing. very lame.

shanghai

ah a minor fuck ups nothing to worry about, i tend to be too stoned and moderately drunk to get it all note perfect, but thats why your playing live right ! haha, when i was 18 i had my first dj gig. it was for the hottest girl in my year, her 18th.......i was djing trance/prog house......the first mix was spot on, really awesome, a good 1 minute beat mix, i was really pumped ,when the crossfder reached its destination of the left channel and the new tune kicked in i got a massive roar, i pumped my fist, shouted at the top of my voise, and then in my ecstacy............yes thats right.....i removed the needle from the wrong deck. the tune cut out, everyone jeered, i felt like i was 1000 degrees hot, dropped the needle down on the vinyl retardedly with my shaky hand, made a horrid sound that hurt everyones ears. alas i kaughed it off, shouted bo selecta ! gimme a rewind ! i meant to do that honest down the mic........put the needle back to the start, got a cheer, albeit it in mockery and we were off again. looking back it was fucking classic ! anyway, i guess on this note i should go prepare for the festival i somehow blagged my way onto the main dance stage for thats next weekend ....fuck, all these stories have made me nervous lol