xero wrote:

big_smile
awesome as usual ;D

thanks smile smile

United Kingdom

Nex you are truly inspiring smile

SAMWAVE wrote:

Nex you are truly inspiring smile

thank you so much! that is exactly why i do this, i want other people to be inspired and want to do this kind of thing too, i want someone to beat me in modding ideas,

killadelphia

Yo Nex - awesome mod dude! bucky showed me this and i was like whoooaaaa.  i like the D-sub connector you get on there.  ; ]  skillz++

animalstyle wrote:

Yo Nex - awesome mod dude! bucky showed me this and i was like whoooaaaa.  i like the D-sub connector you get on there.  ; ]  skillz++

thanks! the 25way connector is really useful, there are lots of other projects i have made which use the same connector so they are all interchangable smile

clovis CA
NeX wrote:

thanks! the 25way connector is really useful, there are lots of other projects i have made which use the same connector so they are all interchangable smile

ive seen most of your mods with that 25 pin connector, wat do you connected it to and why?

sorry if its a newbish thing...

killadelphia
pr0n wrote:
NeX wrote:

ive seen most of your mods with that 25 pin connector, wat do you connected it to and why?

you could probably use it to reflash the arduino with updates to whatever software is on there...  i used it back in the day to send the buttons to my feet - circuit benders use them to send bends to a patch bay etc.

Last edited by animalstyle (Sep 3, 2010 2:10 am)

animalstyle wrote:
pr0n wrote:

you could probably use it to reflash the arduino with updates to whatever software is on there...  i used it back in the day to send the buttons to my feet - circuit benders use them to send bends to a patch bay etc.

exactly, its for reflashing the arduino, controlling the buttons, and also taking the LCD data out of the gameboy. there are a few posts on this site i have done where i have built an adapter that you plug the gameboy into, and the other end into a TV and get the gameboy on the TV. i have also made a NES cotroller for it and a few other things. but its great for testing

Tampa, FL

Nex, where did you solder the LED wires? :<
If you don't mind tellin', that is! smile

Grayboy wrote:

Nex, where did you solder the LED wires? :<
If you don't mind tellin', that is! smile

all the LEDs are wired to the arduino

Tampa, FL

Awh damn I figured such. hmm
Thank you for the reply!
I'm looking for a safe way to place the RGB LEDs around
the same area you did, but you managed to get all of those wires in
that case without crunching/bending?! I congratulate you! That's
def a lot of skill with 3-dimensional placement like others have
already said! O_O

I struggled getting my wires placed right with just my PS mod. hahaha

Grayboy wrote:

Awh damn I figured such. hmm
Thank you for the reply!
I'm looking for a safe way to place the RGB LEDs around
the same area you did, but you managed to get all of those wires in
that case without crunching/bending?! I congratulate you! That's
def a lot of skill with 3-dimensional placement like others have
already said! O_O

I struggled getting my wires placed right with just my PS mod. hahaha

thanks! ironicly this gameboy isn't working any more, i opened it up to install some new stuff inside and now the CPU keeps crashing, i have put it to one side until i can be bothered to fix it again.

Tampa, FL

@ Nex.

Oh wow. hmm That's very disappointing...
Well I'm guessing you have another project set in mode! haha
Can't wait for the next! big_smile

Grayboy wrote:

@ Nex.

Oh wow. hmm That's very disappointing...
Well I'm guessing you have another project set in mode! haha
Can't wait for the next! big_smile

i have plenty of projects but no time really. i will get this RGB boy up and running and probably do an update post with some of the new mods, just really cant be bothered with it at the moment.