San Francisco
vgx wrote:

The headphone output is usually ok but the pro sound outputs are way too loud, distorts like crazy, which is a shame.

... turn down your volume of your gameboy...

Melbourne, Australia
wedanced wrote:
vgx wrote:

The headphone output is usually ok but the pro sound outputs are way too loud, distorts like crazy, which is a shame.

But it says, Play It Loud!

jk just turn it down

Whitley Bay, England

Depends on how you prosounded it. One of my DMGs for example is prosounded pre-pot, and can't be turned down.
But yeaa

That MIDIfied monotron is sexy, so tempted to try and do that. Maybe use a nice breakout box for it rather than hardwired in. Would make using it as a synth much more practical.

Last edited by TraceKaiser (Dec 2, 2010 2:51 pm)

London, UK

Apologies for the necrobump, but I bought one of these today and it's lovely! Been running my PSP running LGPT through it, it adds a lovely dirty haze to everything that punches up some of my less multilayered tunes beautifully wink

The synth is useless for melodies, but actually surprisingly okay for soundscaping when run through a massive delay. For £39, really excellent value!

I actually dug mine out yesterday and sampled it through an sk-1
Very fun!

The Hollow Earth
matt.nida wrote:

Apologies for the necrobump, but I bought one of these today and it's lovely! Been running my PSP running LGPT through it, it adds a lovely dirty haze to everything that punches up some of my less multilayered tunes beautifully wink

The synth is useless for melodies, but actually surprisingly okay for soundscaping when run through a massive delay. For £39, really excellent value!

I got one for Christmas. They are a lot of fun, but I've mostly used it for drone/ambient/soundscape stuff so far as well.

Brisbane, Australia
wedanced wrote:
vgx wrote:

I realise this is a solution, my gripe with the unit in general is that any low impedance signal at a high enough (read: reasonable) volume causes distortion. It's designed specifically for high impedance outputs from things like headphone amplifiers like you'd find on an ipod or something. This is a problem with my setup specifically because I pro sounded my game boys to lower the noise floor and make them loud enough that I wouldn't need to ramp up the gain too much on my mixer. Lowering the volume or using the headphone output negates both these benefits.

That all said it's not too bad through a PA system, just a nuisance if I'm recording it. They're still fun to play with anyway.

The Hollow Earth

Oddly enough, I seem to get a lot more noise when playing this thing through headphones. When I plug it into my DAW, the noise is so low as to almost not even be noticeable and that's without a noise gate. Then again, I tend to use a lot of reverb with it, which tends to bury the noise anyway.

England

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/mus … emo-416066
the monotribe is scheduled to ship in May and will retail for £192
fucking sexy
just ordered me the monotron too!

Last edited by Jellica (Apr 7, 2011 11:31 am)

Milwaukee, WI

Is it just me or were all the sounds nearly identical with awful lag? Furthermore, only three-part sequencing *only* for drums? It looks great, but jesus christ did they drop the ball.

Milwaukee, WI

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2011/04/m … pressions/

Found a clip that goes a little more into the synth recording. Doesn't look like you can alter the drum sounds either, unless of course they forgot to mention it.

England

Sure, it can't really be considered a serious synth/workstation but it will be perfect for what I want to use it for, live improvised space out psychedelic jams. It will be a great little thing to pick up second hand after someone has gotten bored with it.

The Hollow Earth

Saw this, looks fuggin' cool and I may pick one up if they drop the price like they did with the Monotron, but for now at the projected MSRP I think a better bet may be to splash a few more bucks on an Electribe.

Tacoma WA

audio sync.. very cool.  will play nice with modulars

San Francisco

i want it.

England

http://www.angryoctopus.co.nz/synth13/

have a play!