hardcore, Australia

This guy seems like a pretty competent musician.

Anyone that uses timbres and time to make art.     and that  counts for any genre...... including noise.  KADOOSH!!!!

England

are people in covers bands musicians or just puppets?

or are they laughing at us because they get lots of paid gigs?

I had a great conversation with someone who was over mine after the pub a while ago. I put on a compilation of early synth music from the 50s/60s/70s and he got so fucking angry, ranting that synths are not instuments and that it wasnt real music.

Last edited by Jellica (Dec 8, 2010 12:31 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
Jellica wrote:

I like having conversions with people who beleive that bands like Tool or System of a Down are the only real musics.

I had a sad laugh on this, because I grew up in the middle of guys like that here in Brazil in the middle 90s.

"Johnny Ramone's guitar sucks", "electronic music? nope, that is played by computers"

and:

"Dream Theater? Now, THOSE are real musicians!"

Florida

I CAN'T BELIEVE U R DOUBTING DREAM THEARTERS MUSIC THEY ARE SO FAST I BET THEY COULD PLAY 64TH NOTES WITHOUT EVEN A PROBLEM. WHY ARE U SO GAY!!?!?!

Brunswick, GA USA
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

are fictitious musicians 'musicians'? or are their creators 'musicians' by proxy, despite not being musicians?

That's called Gorillaz, or The Archies.

BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

how about ducks?

That's called acid.

4mat wrote:

this Leslie cabinet has wheels...

Yes, it is a vehicle if you sit on top of it while it rolls downhill.

Spokompton
herr_prof wrote:
Jellica wrote:

I like having conversions with people who beleive that bands like Tool or System of a Down are the only real musics.

Making small talk with drug dealers is one of the unfortunate perils of prohibition.

LOL!

VA
undergroundclouds wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Making small talk with drug dealers is one of the unfortunate perils of prohibition.

LOL!

Tool fundies always ruin a good conversation about music.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Everyone is an artist