Chicago IL

unce unce unce unce

astral cat

derp derp derp derp

irrlichtproject wrote:

@je mapelle that's not really necessary - if the sine is too quiet then just lower the volume of your other instruments wink

I never said the sine was too quiet. ha.

philly
Kool Skull wrote:

this is gay. i want an awesome kick in ONE channel that's NOT a sample. why is it that a gameboy is MORE capable than an NES? this must be wrong. and i am confuse on how to get that gabba kick in pulse.. I WANT TO DO THAT BUT ITS NOT WORKING!!! i like fami in theory, but i cant get a good kick yet.. please help sad

I've gotten the impression that pulse kicks are more effective on the game boy than on the NES. Not sure why this is, since I've always understood that the pulse and noise channels should be near identical on the 2 systems, but hey.

But the NES has the triangle wave, something that can make relatively thick kicks with one channel (and also a heavy snare when mixed with noise):

Venezuela

this is similar to the Tristendo suggest, but with a little changes...

Depend on what your looking for... but this is bassically how "i do it"

i know there is many many other ways to do it, i just like this one and few others. But the  best way to improve is with the DMC sample, so far. And you can save some space in the channels for notes big_smile. But even with FULLED square/triangle/dpcm KICks, your still able to get a melody. and if is just dance dance music, will be even more esier to do a melody.

Here is the file
http://2a03.free.fr/dl.php?file=2981 (hope this works for you)

San Francisco
Kool Skull wrote:

this is gay. i want an awesome kick in ONE channel that's NOT a sample. why is it that a gameboy is MORE capable than an NES? this must be wrong. and i am confuse on how to get that gabba kick in pulse.. I WANT TO DO THAT BUT ITS NOT WORKING!!! i like fami in theory, but i cant get a good kick yet.. please help sad

i might have to stab you.

wedanced wrote:
Kool Skull wrote:

i might have to stab you.

yeah, fucking seriously, the correct term is "ghey" get it right

This song was my attempt at making Famitracker "unce".  I used a DPCM kick for the initial "punch" and the triangle channel for the lingering "boom".  Take from it what you will.

mag3b - 40 Unces!!!
http://2a03.free.fr/dl.php?file=2926

Michigan
mag3b wrote:

This song was my attempt at making Famitracker "unce".  I used a DPCM kick for the initial "punch" and the triangle channel for the lingering "boom".  Take from it what you will.

mag3b - 40 Unces!!!
http://2a03.free.fr/dl.php?file=2926

this song is sick regardless. great work buddy.