Matthew Joseph Payne

My band is donating money from our demo tracks (which were originally free until we ran out of bc downloads) to the cause - http://theglowingstars.bandcamp.com - if anyone else has material that's free right now, I suggest changing it to "name your price" and offering the resultant money to the Red Cross (or such).

Said band or myself would gladly come up with a track to add to a comp as well! Hope it happens!

FlashHeart

Alright then - anyone interested start working on a track and I'll go about looking into a good way to do an online release. Any pixel artists want to submit some art? I'll pick one entry to be the cover and include the rest as bonus files in the zip. International Medical Corps sound good? https://www.internationalmedicalcorps.o … x?pid=1967 - non-religious, financially efficient, well-established, highly-rated.

FlashHeart

Actually, Save the Children might be better because they have an option to donate specifically to their Japan relief fund: https://secure.savethechildren.org/site … llpaqkf311

FlashHeart

Maybe some people would like to cover or remix their favorite japanese artist. Just a thought.

A gray world of dread

Where is Saitone located? If google translated his last tweet (17hrs ago) right, he seems to have no power or water.

Milwaukee, WI

I'm in for submitting a (good) track.  My heart goes out to everyone.  It really is heartbreaking and you are in my prayers.  As far as donations for the compo go, would donating directly to artists who have been severely effected be a better avenue than an organization?  What about Red Cross?

San Antonio, Texas

The Japanese Relief compo sounds like a really good idea.

FlashHeart
Theta_Frost wrote:

would donating directly to artists who have been severely effected be a better avenue than an organization?

I think what we're hearing from our Japanese friends is that fortunately none of them have been hit too badly and so i'm going to assume there are other people who need it more. Am I right in thinking that?

Matthew Joseph Payne

One chip cover of a non-chip japanese artist in progress, another on my mind.

Will get in on this.

Chicago IL

i was thinking of getting one together on handheld heroes

lolusa

I've been sitting on a perfect track for a compilation. PM me if you're interested.
Very relieved to know that all of our chip-artists are fine.

NSW, Australia
LastKnight wrote:

heart this community. glad you guys are safe

Ciudad de méxico, MX
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

In the subject: those in the pacific coast cities are well? I don't know if it hit Chile yet, but what about the tsunami floods?

It hit the chilean coast. i was evacuated of my apartment, fortunatelly only material damage on various points of the country; the awfull thing about it is that the tsunami hit the same spot on the south that hitted past year the earthquake. People over there are very sensitive and hurt. Only love for all the people and sending good vibes to everybody, please take care of everyone around you.

New York, NY

I'm glad to hear the chip crew in Japan is OK (and also really impressed with the response in this forum), though horrified at the magnitude of this. Comp sounds like a great idea Natty.

Maybe a bad idea, but you could call the Japan Earthquake Relief Compilation...

Rumblepak.

Also, good to know lots of people are ok smile.