Ok, this site will have a problem, or at least it will never 'take off' in its current state. After browsing 15 or so tracks, i find that the quality is similar to that of 8BC. This is not a problem, except for the fact that on 8BC you could click on the ones having most likes, which is a bias but also very helpful.

I realize that for me to find anything good here, I will have to actually play all the tracks and it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. There is no indication whatsoever of what might be of interest. This will probably make me never really browse or use the music section.

Am I missing something, or is this the way it's supposed to be? It won't work very well..

Los Angeles

First off the area just launched.

Second: there are only a handfull of tracks up there now.

Third: It was also decided to not have a likes system, there will be a optional "thumbs" system, which iwll give decent results for "filtering"

Forth: If you don't like it you can leave.

Ok, I'm looking forward to seeing what the things mentioned in "third" will bring.

Fourth is irrelevant.

Tokyo, Japan

For reference, this post lists a some but not all of the upcoming features

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/429/m … s-section/

Thank you Lazerbeat.

I don't think the big issue is so much about this or that feature, but about the site being unique and having something that makes people want to return.

Clinton Hill

I find myself listening to music that I would have never given a chance, because I am not just listening to the "most liked". Soooo. I kinda like it. Of course we re dealing with a smaller stream of music right now and it is generally of a higher quality.

Brooklyn NY US
joule wrote:

Thank you Lazerbeat.

I don't think the big issue is so much about this or that feature, but about the site being unique and having something that makes people want to return.

Personally I think the most attractive feature is the absence of rampant arbitrary user banning. That's enough for me.

DE TRT

I kind of agree with Joule.

&I think the music section should be on the front page. That's what most people go to anyways, and what everyone's been anticipating.

England

Apart from a few names I generally avoided the tracks with the most likes anyway.

IL, US
Pompei wrote:

I kind of agree with Joule.

&I think the music section should be on the front page. That's what most people go to anyways, and what everyone's been anticipating.

i dont know, i like it this way, makes it feel like its more about community & the forums than uploading 4000 tracks a week

Pompei wrote:

That's what most people go to anyways, and what everyone's been anticipating.

I think not. But maybe you've done a survey on the matter..?

Joule:

Didn't you actually say that you wanted no likes system when the music uploading was mentioned?

Cambridge UK
tRasH cAn maN wrote:
Pompei wrote:

That's what most people go to anyways, and what everyone's been anticipating.

I think not. But maybe you've done a survey on the matter..?

I, for one, go to the forum a couple of times a day and to the music section maybe once every 2 days.
You can browse a forum when there's a downtime at work or when a teacher is reexplaining the same thing for the 4th time, but listening to a track is slightly more obvious...

Unsubscribe

I think we all know what kind of music joule wants to hear.

If you don't like the way chipmusic's music system is, 8bc is still around.

The only thing I have a problem with is the whole pop-up thing. It's kinda weird, but I'll get used to it I suppose.

It seems like it just pops up wherever it wants to on my screen.

Oh, I'm derailing the thread.

I'm not sure you're derailing it, arlen. Being user friendly could also be a key point to people wanting to return. Making it easy and convenient to browse and listen to music is probably very important in that case.