I'd write something for this....but I think the concept might be over my head and so I'd do it wrong tongue.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I fixed the theme description.  I didn't realize it would show as a single line rather than a 4x4 matrix like i was expecting.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

https://8bc.org/music/AndrewKilpatrick/Malfunctioning/

Pow! Right in the kisser. I vow to be involved in every week possible from here on tongue good work Rex smile

Chepachet, Rhode Island
AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

https://8bc.org/music/AndrewKilpatrick/Malfunctioning/

Pow! Right in the kisser. I vow to be involved in every week possible from here on tongue good work Rex smile

Psssst....upload it to the link in the original post...

EDIT: Nevermind...you did.  Next time just keep it on solidcomposer rather than linking it in the thread.  We're all about surprises around here.

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (May 2, 2011 9:52 pm)

Hi, I composed some parts of my song on piano, and used live mode to play one channel at a time in finished "order" while refining, is that allowed?
I finished it, I will submit if I can.
smile

Last edited by Octothorpe (May 3, 2011 1:37 am)

Chepachet, Rhode Island

As long as when writing the song you didn't use Live Mode to hear the final matching channels together thats fine.  Also...remember...no changing it once its done. When you swap the channels (or in your case record in the final order using Live Mode) you are DONE.  No post-production.  Just upload that shit.

Also, using other instruments is fine (I actually encourage it) but just remember this is based on trackers and chipmusic...so make sure it's mainly chip-tastic.

Oh, I did processing, I will undo. I just meant I composed on piano, not recorded, although that would be cool.

Thanks!

Last edited by Octothorpe (May 4, 2011 5:49 am)

Rhode Island

Man, that was fun. Now i am pissed i missed the first one sad

Chepachet, Rhode Island
2PLAYER wrote:

Man, that was fun. Now i am pissed i missed the first one sad

PUMPED

And don't worry...there will be PLENTY more.  Next weeks theme is much more straight forward but equally as interesting.

I've also been thinking about starting a sort of "Hand off" LSDJ project.  I write one channel, pass it to the next person who wants it, they write a channel or edit an existing one, they pass it to the next person and so on.  Id also implement a little system like:

PU1 - Unlocked
PU2 - Unlocked
WAV - Unlocked
NOI - Unlocked

Now say someone decides to edit the PU1 channel.  Once the person is done editing it the PU1 is changed to LOCKED.  This prevents the original channel composition from changing so dramatically that the original writer can't even hear his work.  The song would be finished once all channels were LOCKED.

I'd need to work out some details regarding the actually passing of the song as well as posting each step along the way so others can decide what they'd want to write/change

Just an idea I thought would be fun.  Plus it's a "do at your own pace" kind of thing without deadlines and voting like the two competitions we have here.

Thoughts?

That sounds really awesome...like one collaborative song combining all of our awesome beautiful minds big_smile

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

As long as you let the Fami's do one too sad

Moncton, Canada

submitted something. oh man..

rex that idea sounds hella baller

Last edited by Kommisar (May 4, 2011 12:33 pm)

That sounds awesome! How are you going to pick who does what channel?

Last edited by Octothorpe (May 4, 2011 7:11 pm)

8-Bit-Rex wrote:
The Chipmusic.org Weekly Challenge!

CHALLENGE #1: CHANNEL SWAP ----------> WINNER = Jredd / Octothorpe

Hey! At least I won/tied for something this week even if 2PLAYER completely dominated the bi-weekly challenge!

Even if there's one more day, looking at the votes so far I think he dominated tongue. Also considering I don't use LSDJ I am only half sure what some of the terms mean for this compo in general.  tongue

Fort Worth, Tx

REX you've got some awesome ideas. i hope i can apart of them more often. this weeks was funfunfunfunfun.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Niiiice.

I REQUIRE MORE WEEKLY CHALLENGE FOLLOWERS!

NEXT WEEK WE'LL ALL DRINK THIS TASTY PUNCH I MADE!