Spokompton
trash80 wrote:
undergroundclouds wrote:

Yup. Got all the lights flashing, and there's definitely bytes coming from the MIDI output, they're just the wrong ones. I've tried all 4 MIDI commands and while they usually seemed to transmit at least once, and at the correct time at least, none sent the message it should've.

When I updated my 328 with the ZIP that herr_prof provided, the behavior was a little different - it sent more messages, although still the wrong ones. I only tested it using the Q command on the first row of a table assigned to an instrument (using an H01 further down to ensure no repetition) - I didn't try the other 3 commands.

What midi hardware are you using? I need to be able to duplicate this. Aslo, what bytes are being sent exactly?

MPC1000 -> Arduinoboy -> Remote Zero. I was using the MPC1000 both for MIDI clock source and monitoring but I realized that I could monitor better with MIDI-OX. I don't know what MIDI interfaces you have lying around but I also have an Edirol UM-2 I can test with.

I don't remember exactly what messages were transmitted but they were almost entirely program changes.

If you want to be as exact as possible, could you send me a test sequence to use? Also I could slap one together and send you the SAV.

I won't be able to do much until I get home though and I might only have a couple hours to test this tonight.

Spokompton
herr_prof wrote:

Im using bleepbloop carts, but have an ems64 i can try it on over the weekend. Who knows, maybe it draws too much power compared to other carts? smile

Damn, that would be hella weird but it's gotta be ruled out I guess...

Los Angeles

Found the issue. I just flashed a cart using the available rom and sure enough it doesnt work- My compiled version works as expected. I'll have a chat with Johan and see what the issue is. Meanwhile please email me at [email protected]

Spokompton
trash80 wrote:

Found the issue. I just flashed a cart using the available rom and sure enough it doesnt work- My compiled version works as expected. I'll have a chat with Johan and see what the issue is. Meanwhile please email me at [email protected]

Alright, that bug is ready to get squashed.

Email'd.

Unsubscribe
undergroundclouds wrote:

MPC1000 -> Arduinoboy -> Remote Zero. I was using the MPC1000 both for MIDI clock source and monitoring but I realized that I could monitor better with MIDI-OX. I don't know what MIDI interfaces you have lying around but I also have an Edirol UM-2 I can test with.

I strictly using midi hardware at this stage. Nord micromod, timefactor, adrenalinn3, shurthi1

Also the aboy doesnt do midi thru, so you should probably have it setup

MPC1000 input fed from the thru or merged out from the Remote Zero whose input is fed from the output of Arduinoboy

edit Thats weird.... perhaps johan changed the rom on the server? /me stares at his weird ghost cart.

Last edited by herr_prof (May 9, 2011 8:10 pm)

Los Angeles

Yeah I suspect something has changed on his side, or maybe its how I compiled it who knows black magic rawr.

Also note there is a new Arduinoboy version over on the google code site that fixes mGB mode and changes some other small things. version 1.2.1

Spokompton
herr_prof wrote:
undergroundclouds wrote:

I strictly using midi hardware at this stage. Nord micromod, timefactor, adrenalinn3, shurthi1

Also the aboy doesnt do midi thru, so you should probably have it setup

My aboy (all versions) was doing thru fine w/ the 4.2.0 official ROM. Is that a limitation of the new (edit: modified MIDI out) ROM?

herr_prof wrote:

MPC1000 input fed from the thru or merged out from the Remote Zero whose input is fed from the output of Arduinoboy

Not sure why I would do that...? The purpose of the MPC1000 was just for its clock source, and I was going to use it to check MIDI note/CC reception but I don't think I ever even bothered.

trash80 wrote:

Yeah I suspect something has changed on his side, or maybe its how I compiled it who knows black magic rawr.

Also note there is a new Arduinoboy version over on the google code site that fixes mGB mode and changes some other small things. version 1.2.1

Sweet, gonna test this new code when I get home.

Last edited by undergroundclouds (May 9, 2011 8:32 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne
trash80 wrote:

yaaaaayyyyy - thank you!
emailing

Unsubscribe

Sorry, I assumed you where using.the mpc as a sound source.. What else would lsdj midi out controll?

Taco told me thru.wouldnt in midiout mode. Is that true?

Spokompton

Ah, yeah. I wasn't actually controlling anything with the MIDI out, I was just monitoring it. I wanna see the data first smile

Matthew Joseph Payne

This works and is amazing - thanks trash80! big_smile

Spokompton
kineticturtle wrote:

france

Where did you find the good rom ?

Czech republic
undergroundclouds wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

turboninja wrote:

Where did you find the good rom ?

Ask trash80 - contact info is few posts back

france

IT WORKS ! ! ! ! !  Thank you Trash80. This is the best midi sequencer I ever had !

Unsubscribe

yay bug fixes!