London, UK

I was planning on heading to Moma anyway while I was out there, on the grounds that this looks pretty awesome: http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/exhibitions/1147

(as does this at the Museum of Arts & Design, while on the topics: http://www.madmuseum.org/series/david-bowie-artist )

FlashHeart

Those exhibits both do look pretty cool (incidentally, I DJ'd the opening week of the M.A.D. with Paris doing video.)

I was suggesting the move to the Met first and foremost as a place for us all to meet and chat and socialize indoors and away from the rain, rather than as a genuine art-appreciation museum trip (although that comes as an added bonus.) It is pay what you want and it is a bit more conducive to group visits (bigger museum, wider variety of exhibits, larger halls to walk in, fewer snobs.) The M.A.D. is very small and the MOMA, like many modern art museums, has its galleries laid out with lots of walls and corners and separate rooms, rather than the old-fashioned giant-hall-filled-with-sculptures-and-paintings layout which I think would work better for a social visit of this type. The Met also has a more relaxed atmosphere - you can walk through it and enjoy the experience without stopping to inspect every piece. And nobody is going to shush us at the Met but we would get a lot of dirty looks for talking too much at the MOMA. I often go to the Met by myself or with friends to just walk and talk. It's not quite as easy to have a stroll through a museum filled with more conceptual work without paying close attention to the exhibits. I generally find that modern and contemporary museums are best enjoyed when you have the time and desire for reading and discussion. As an alternate to a relaxing picnic meet-and-greet I still move we go to the Met.

But I do want to see those other exhibits at some other point.

And I think wearing some kind of identifying item is a good idea. But name tags are kind of goofy. Any simpler suggestions?

Met > MOMA. FACT.

The Bronx

Turns out I can't make it because I'll be helping take down "New Finnish Design SCENARIOS" until late. I ought to be able to make the TCTD Awards, though.

P.S.: MoMA sucks.The Met is the best.

Miami

So what's the straight forward answer to what's happening? I want to meet up still

FlashHeart

If it isn't raining we meet in the park. Because it probably will be, we'll more likely randomly meet up at the Metropolitan Museum of art.

FlashHeart

Maybe people should wear Minusbaby blue so we recognize each other.

Miami

thx, If anything we just pretend to be a nudist clan

New York, New York
e.s.c. wrote:

backup plan sounds awesome, i suggest (since thered be many new people) getting some name tags, so people know who is there for blip vs just a tourist

I am prepared for that, I have worn badges to identify me at events frequently. It will give people the idea who I am, although, they are just pictures.

New York, New York
Natty wrote:

And I think wearing some kind of identifying item is a good idea. But name tags are kind of goofy. Any simpler suggestions?

The picture badge I purchased last year is wordless. I was uncertain I liked the name Dragon Chiptune (sure enough, I'm thinking of the new name this week). I hope people that have seen enough chip photos or videos can recognize a certain audience member. Maybe small badges with people's forum avatars are helpful enough to identify each other?

FlashHeart

Frankly, I think we'll all be fine. When in doubt just look for me. I'll probably be wearing lime green seersucker and a magenta bowtie.

Miami

I have some blip fest pins from last year if anything as well.

Philly, PA, USA

Everyone just wear your gameboys as hats. No one wants to talk to you anyway, so it really doesn't matter how ridiculous you look, and lets face it, you're all bringing your gameboys anyway.

San Antonio, Texas

Chelsea hostel people, let's meet outside the hostel's main office at 10:30 and make our way to picnic/museum together. together.

FlashHeart

Hey everyone, it's still a bit windy and wet and unpredictable outdoors so we're doing the museum. Obviously I'm going to be there a bit late owing to a fantastic Sabrepulse-induced hangover. See you around 2 o'clock!

Utrecht, The Netherlands

Since the original Blipnic got washed away by New York City rain, we figured it'll be great to give it another try since we can't get enough of getting together. Bring some food and drinks and we'll have some good chillin' in the park!

1:30 PM Central Park at southside sheepsmeadow.

RSVP on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid= … mp;pending