East Kilbride, Scotland
µB wrote:

Which once again has affirmed my assumption that a lot of people -especially over there- just like the 'drama' around theft (including the opportunity to act like a pompous asshole) instead of trying to rectify the situation.

I can only speak for myself, but I've contacted the booking agent, BBC Lincolnshire, Lincoln Unsigned (ran an interview with her), an event she was scheduled to play, and written a news post for a music website I write for. In the TVDeathSquad situation, I contacted bookers and one of his collaborators/friends to make the thing known.

I don't want to see music stolen, and I always want to do something about it. You're right though, the same can't be said for everyone.

Also, new concern. She went to music college, and is now at university (don't know if it's a music course, but reasonable to believe it might be). Do you think she has used any stolen music to get grades in either of those?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001551445612

Brazil

Just assuming she likes to do this, based on the things she did (stealing TWICE) I can say that, yes, maybe she did graded with stolen songs, why not?

I congratulate you, sycamore, but every artist stolen got contacted? That's been said already anyway.

Brooklyn, NY
Sycamore Drive wrote:

Someone linked me to her personal page, and her website link was www.myspace.com/lepeg. ITS FUCKING LE PEG, CHIP STEALER FROM 2009! What the fuck is wrong with her? Didn't get flamed enough the first time?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6876 … icfree.png

YouTube page is still up too, so you can see it's definitely her.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thelepeg

Whoa, serious internet matlockery all up in hurr.

San Diego, CA

I feel like this is kind of a problem with our platform (and most digital music) in general! when the music creation process involves lots of technology and it isn't obviously clear what is making the sounds and how those sounds are being controlled, it becomes really easy to hide underneath an air of authority with regards to technology. basically people think that our setups are too complicated to explain so they don't ask us, and we can continue playing a song off our iPod because we're the EXPERTS OF COURSE WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING.

i'm not trying to say that maybe we brought this on ourselves, but maybe a better way to rectify this (and future plagarists) is to try AS HARD AS WE CAN to inform people about what goes into the music creation process! explain to people that using old video game hardware to make music isn't rocket science and is, in fact, really easy!

people like this can actually gain a following because the general public doesn't really know how chipmusic is made. encouraging people to try it out isn't that hard, and it leads to a general knowledge of digital music and digital music technology! which is important. I know that every time someone comes up to me after a show and asks how I do it, I explain it to them and then add the disclaimer that it's not as complicated as it looks/sounds! and then refer them to here or 8bc for information smile

people know about guitars. they know that if you pluck the strings then they vibrate and that makes sounds. so it's really easy to tell when someone is faking it because there's a general knowledge of that music instrument that everyone can draw on. it's perhaps more difficult to instill a general knowledge of digital music technology but if we're more open about showing people (and I'm not saying that we're not!) then stuff like this will get less and less common as more people realize what we do!

uhajdafdfdfa

if your music was used by her, people are listening to it and thinking it's cool

i don't see that a big time busting is in order particularly

Brazil

In the asshole line of tought, if one of the artists showed up at one of her gigs he could get on stage and play the song off of his gameboy. That would be funny.

Rhode Island
ant1 wrote:

if your music was used by her, people are listening to it and thinking it's cool

i don't see that a big time busting is in order particularly

...so her playing a gig with your music and getting paid for it would be okay with you?

uhajdafdfdfa

i don't want to derail this thread but yes that would be ok with me

Bournemouth/Southampton UK

someone should contact her university. if she has used other artists music to get grades then they could easily be revoked i assume?

Rhode Island

Oh well in light of the above comment I may be able to agree with you ant. While I agree that her band pages should be taken down and she shouldn't be allowed to play gigs with others music, getting her grades revoked may be taking it too far. You would potentially ruin her immediate future.

Bournemouth/Southampton UK

if shes got those grades from using other people music then its only fair in my opinion, no?

also ive heard this track before (obviously) but not sure who it is, it may have been posted already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Log_0tD … re=related

astral cat

sounds like you guys needs some hobbies or masturbation or something

astral cat

also, yeah she's not hot.

Nashville, Tennessee

personally, im not upset. any press is good press. it seems the chip community is, whether truly warranted or not, making both her and the booking/management/etc people involved very aware of the situation; however, if she's been making any serious sort of money or other payment from songs that were released for free, that we should be compensated.

seems like good things are headed my way. /shrug

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
smiletron wrote:

personally, im not upset. any press is good press. it seems the chip community is, whether truly warranted or not, making both her and the booking/management/etc people involved very aware of the situation; however, if she's been making any serious sort of money or other payment from songs that were released for free, that we should be compensated.

seems like good things are headed my way. /shrug

She fuckin' rocked it! Here's my fan vid/ performance!