Chepachet, Rhode Island

Passt…lady gaga is actually pretty awesome with a piano. Just wish she marketed that and not what she currently does…

*sigh* true....but she hardly ever shows it off. Almost making her worse than someone bad, because she could be good but chooses not to be sad.

(For a non-comedic effect mind you)

Last edited by Jredd (May 30, 2011 3:57 am)

Also, who's in for a "deaf" listening party? I know I am....1 minute left...hur hur!

I am!
Update: I didn't die.
Some of the songs actually sound really good :)

Last edited by Octothorpe (May 30, 2011 4:05 am)

Considering I play music by ear, I suppose I could've done much worse..:P Also, 8 Bit Rex's just sounds bad ass. I would seriously like to hear that idea extended. I've never quite heard LSDJ like that. big_smile

Moncton, Canada

just finished mine for this week! couldn't last week cuz I was at anime north 2011 hehu

Madison, Alabama

I've been out of town and away from computers since Saturday.  Just now listened to the deaf jam entries.  They were surprisingly awesome!  2PLAYER's was some legit chiptuneage and 8 Bit Rex's was bad ass creepy.  Mine, on the other hand, is like 4 unconnected really short songs jammed together, haha.  This challenge was fun.  I hope I can cram in some time to do the next one.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Heehee...my first actual entry to my own comp...and the worst I could do is tie...and that's if EVERYONE voted for the same two entries.

If that happens...we both should just bone.

(Not playing favorites) 2PLAYER's songs blow me away every week so I agree with you Roctopus.  His Konami style is perfect and while I compose more industrial/hardcore/metal inspired tunes his sound like they are straight ripped out of a NES game.  We've got good diversity in this group.

Don't forget about the Bi-Weekly.  I WANT TO MAKE IT A FUCKING COMPILATION!

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 1, 2011 3:02 pm)

Rhode Island
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

If that happens...we both should just bone.

Why do we need to tie to do that?

In all cerealsnes this has been a lot of fun. I think a compilation of tunes would be a great way to get others excited about it. Bi-weekly comp awareness month.

For the TMNT/MM song, I can't decide if I want to write a single track or go all out and write a intro/character select/level/boss/etc mashup

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Yeah I was thinkin...whatever we end up having...I may make it a two parter and have the next bi-weekly require it's participants to pick a theme (intro, character select, level, boss, victory, game over, credits, etc.) and I'll put it all together for an album.

Discuss.

Also this:  8bitrex(dot)tumblr(dot)com   I still need to tweak the layouts...but I posted a tip...have a look and tell me what you guys think!

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 1, 2011 6:10 pm)

Moncton, Canada

if I had a decent amount of time to work on it, I'd certainly love to do this

8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Yeah I was thinkin...whatever we end up having...I may make it a two parter and have the next bi-weekly require it's participants to pick a theme (intro, character select, level, boss, victory, game over, credits, etc.) and I'll put it all together for an album.

Discuss.

Also this:  8bitrex(dot)tumblr(dot)com   I still need to tweak the layouts...but I posted a tip...have a look and tell me what you guys think!

Oh god yes! I think all of us are plenty talented enough to put together an album for a video game styled OST smile. I'd love to be a part of that big_smile.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
Kommisar wrote:

if I had a decent amount of time to work on it, I'd certainly love to do this

We'll use the comp as a jumping off point.
We can have some time to do it right.

You know what would be really awesome if we ever amassed enough songs/members in the future? Like, an RPG styled album! Town theme, Cave/Dungeon Theme, Forrest Theme, Battle Theme, Boss Battle theme ect. (You get the idea)! With everyone and their different strengths as composers combined I am sure we could find a setting suitable to everybody's natural writing style and really showcase what each of us can do! Thoughts? big_smile

Madison, Alabama
Jredd wrote:

You know what would be really awesome if we ever amassed enough songs/members in the future? Like, an RPG styled album! Town theme, Cave/Dungeon Theme, Forrest Theme, Battle Theme, Boss Battle theme ect. (You get the idea)! With everyone and their different strengths as composers combined I am sure we could find a setting suitable to everybody's natural writing style and really showcase what each of us can do! Thoughts? big_smile

Awesome idea Jredd!  I'd like to do maybe Melancholy, Haunted Cave Theme or Funeral of the Hero You Didn't Expect to Die music! 

Or, you know, Forest Music would be cool.  RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG RPG

Chepachet, Rhode Island

With my billion year backround in Progressive and Melodic Death Metal...I'm calling dibs on "Melancholy"

tongue

Let's not worry about it right now though.  When the time comes I'll set it all up (with input of course) and we can have at it.

Also, hard lol at "Hero you didn't expect to die music"

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 2, 2011 12:23 am)