Madison, Alabama
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

With my billion year backround in Progressive and Melodic Death Metal...I'm calling dibs on "Melancholy"

tongue

Let's not worry about it right now though.  When the time comes I'll set it all up (with input of course) and we can have at it.

Also, hard lol at "Hero you didn't expect to die music"

In response, I was about to call dibs on Naive Love Interest Theme when I realized something: you should have a challenge that forces people to compose in a genre that's the total opposite of what they normally do.

I'd totally be down for any number of things, I'd love to take a shot at this when the time comes smile. I'm totally pumped to try my hand at a nice battle theme smile. Of course there are multiple types of battles in RPG's. You've got your normal battles, boss battles, and of course last boss battle! But no seriously, I'm fairly versatile and so are the rest of us tongue. So whatever ideas we come up with I'm sure any of us could fit the bill nicely. big_smile

roboctopus wrote:

You should have a challenge that forces people to compose in a genre that's the total opposite of what they normally do.

Good point....

I smell an awesome "B side" to an RPG album...ha ha ha!

Rhode Island

We should all choose what everyone does. We have, after all, been listening too eachothers songs/styles for a bit now

Madison, Alabama
Jredd wrote:

I'd totally be down for any number of things, I'd love to take a shot at this when the time comes smile. I'm totally pumped to try my hand at a nice battle theme smile. Of course there are multiple types of battles in RPG's. You've got your normal battles, boss battles, and of course last boss battle! But no seriously, I'm fairly versatile and so are the rest of us tongue. So whatever ideas we come up with I'm sure any of us could fit the bill nicely. big_smile

Good points.  You also would need to specify time period for an RPG comp.  If not, I'd b just as likely bust out some guitar and flute and make Chrono Cross style music, haha.  We'd probably have to say "Pre-1996 RPG music".

<_< 

>_>

*Goes off to listen to Chrono Cross's opening theme.*

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I'm officially requesting this convo to continue over at the bi weekly thread since I want to keep this one challenge based. Go team.

Neo Jersey

cool idea. i thought of maybe doing something like this a while back where each person writes a different part to compose an entire soundtrack. it should probably be its own thread though and not part of either this or the bi-weekly comp imo. i'd def be down though

Last edited by HPizzle (Jun 2, 2011 10:40 pm)

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Me: "I'm officially requesting this convo to continue over at the bi weekly thread since I want to keep this one challenge based. Go team"

You: "cool idea. i thought of maybe doing something like this a while back where each person writes a different part to compose an entire soundtrack. it should probably be its own thread though and not part of either this or the bi-weekly comp imo. i'd def be down though"

Me:

Lol that face...

Rhode Island

damn you and your underclocked dmg!!! thats what i get for voting for you tongue siiiiiiick track 8BR hope to hear more from the slowboy

Ditto, that sounded awesome.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Wow Komissar...Your track for I Like Algebra was incredible!

Also...I lol'd every time I saw the title "Your Heart is an Organ"

JJredd, yours was so chill!

8-Bit-Rex wrote:

I guess that's good, :p

edit: roboctopus, yours was great, did you sneak in Bit Shifter?

Last edited by Octothorpe (Jun 6, 2011 7:25 pm)

Madison, Alabama
Octothorpe wrote:

JJredd, yours was so chill!

8-Bit-Rex wrote:

I guess that's good, tongue

edit: roboctopus, yours was great, did you sneak in Bit Shifter?

Sneak in Bit Shifter?  Maybe my 3/4 section is a little Bit-Shifter-esque where the harmonies come in?  *shrug*  It wasn't intentional big_smile 

Good entries this week!  Kommisar's is kinda mind-blowing!  Jredd, I think that's my favorite of your 1-bit stuff.  Octothorpe, kewl play on the start-up sound; but my fave part of yours was toward the end.

Now I gotta figure out how to program a buncha reverse sounds...

Hint: low first number and high second number on the envolope, example: 2A.

Komminsar wins this round I am pretty sure smile. He deserves it, that track rules. smile