A gray world of dread

Do you think it would be a good idea to let listeners tag a track? Could compensate for uploaders who are a bit lazy with them, but possibly encourage abuse.

Los Angeles
µB wrote:

Exciting! Thank you!

I got a 'NO U!' when I tried to bookmark a track, but it worked when I tried it again later. Is there a time limit or something?

No you! is when the save bookmark fails either because it couldnt get your user id or the passed item didn't exist.
If you find a way to replicate it let me know. smile

Los Angeles
µB wrote:

Do you think it would be a good idea to let listeners tag a track? Could compensate for uploaders who are a bit lazy with them, but possibly encourage abuse.

yeah Im not so sure. if anything maybe let members tag a preset tag to it, like a emotion... "funky, sad, happy" etc

Brazil
trash80 wrote:

if anything maybe let members tag a preset tag to it, like a emotion... "funky, sad, happy" etc

I like this idea.

Turku, FIN
trash80 wrote:
µB wrote:

yeah Im not so sure. if anything maybe let members tag a preset tag to it, like a emotion... "funky, sad, happy" etc

i think this sounds very good. i use last.fm a lot and atleast there the tagging system works well and i like to browse and listen artists by tags

A gray world of dread

Preset tags sounds good for hardware and mood

Los Angeles

Update: Now you can post comments while listening to the track.

like on micromusic? yeah i liked that!

trash80 wrote:
joule wrote:

Nice features and good work.

What about having the perspective of making the site browsable/usable to, say, a person coming from google not even being involved in chip music from before. My opinion is that such a person should get a good impression of what's on here as possible. Not because it matters, but because this approach makes the site better in general.

This is call a front page. It's on the "Missing features" list.

And also general usability.

New York City
arlen wrote:

Chipmusic was about the community in the first place!!

Highly debatable point.

Back on topic though, I am loving the way it's working. I can see music I haven't heard, what I seen, what I bookmarked, my music, music I commented on.. .IT' S AWESOME.

Thanks TRS80

Brazil

The only thing that bothers me HARD is that I can't browse music by the author. Like, clicking on Akira's profile I am not able to check his songs from there.

Geneva, NY
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

The only thing that bothers me HARD is that I can't browse music by the author. Like, clicking on Akira's profile I am not able to check his songs from there.

I'm pretty sure trash80's working on that.

Los Angeles
joule wrote:

And also general usability.

general usability? Uhm. Whats wrong with the current front page, We dont really have much else to add at the moment. We are just getting started.

Los Angeles
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

You cant? Look at the by:[author name] tag in eeach entry.

Also you can search, also there is only 1 artist that has more than 1 song at the moment. You guys need to be patient. For the love of...

Brazil

tongue i'm not demanding anything, neither I was in lack of pacience, sorry if sounded other way. (Bad bad english)

What I was talking about is if it is possible to see, in the person profile, his/her songs.

Los Angeles

Fron the Site Announcements Forum: Topic: Music uploads section
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/429/m … s-section/

trash80 wrote:

2. There are improvements and or features currently missing here is a few: RSS podcast, Music Responses, Thumbs, Member profile music list, "New comments on XYZ", home page redesign, and URL Links to files. These are planned and put into a category I call "Phase 2" ... Though if there are not too many bugs I might be able to get the podcast XML done today.

New comments notification is up now though.