uhajdafdfdfa
nickmaynard wrote:
neilbaldwin wrote:

Not sure, i had nothing to do with that side of things when I was working on this with Batsly Adams.

The NTRQ sync (master) was sending pulses out of the second controller port. Apparently reading the port sends a detectable pulse to the controller and Batsly A had rigged up some Arduino stuff to read this - the other end was spliced to a LSDJ sync cable and thus LSDJ was slaved to the NTRQ pulse. It wasn't working totally correct though and would drift out of sync after a while.

We never continued with it though - both got side-tracked I imagine smile

would it be difficult to make an nes rom that ONLY sent out clock pulses through the player 2 port? if that existed, then someone could give the arduino end of it a try. and if they got that working, then the nes rom could have features added to it (like maybe the ability to play back an nsf file).

nsf files are not containing any information about the musical aspects of themselves (relevant: tempo, metre, etc), so a computer can't take an nsf file and say "this is a downbeat" or whatever you want to do

the best you can hope for is a custom famitracker export plugin i guess

Matthew Joseph Payne
ui wrote:

NES Vjing program that can actually WORKS with the NINTENDO LIGHTGUN!!

Lightgun only works when pointed at CRT screens. You could bring one around for monitoring and use it to point the lightgun at it, but most of the audience will miss how awesome it is, and you'd have to haul a CRT around.

Venezuela
kineticturtle wrote:
ui wrote:

NES Vjing program that can actually WORKS with the NINTENDO LIGHTGUN!!

Lightgun only works when pointed at CRT screens. You could bring one around for monitoring and use it to point the lightgun at it, but most of the audience will miss how awesome it is, and you'd have to haul a CRT around.

oh, i see.. so it wont work if you point it to a proyected video on a video beam... is there is anyway to "fake it"?, i mean... im sure there is a way to make the Lightgun working in a non CRT screen. Why i said that?, well when i was a child, i remember to shooting around with the GUN and still killing the DUCKS without point it to the TV/CRT Screen, so probabaly is something by the contrast of the colors or a group of colors.

An another technical question is... you can use just the Trigger of the Lightgun like B/A from a normal PAD??? i mean, without point anywhere and still send the information to the nes by using the trigger?