IL, US
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Check this out -

I took this -

Converted it into this -

And skillfully placed it into GlitchNES like so -

hahaha, funny, since id also done hokusai's "great wave" in glitchnes back in november...can't remember who i used it for now (mustve been either kkrusty or saskrotch)
edit: was saskrotch, and here's just the yychr grab

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jul 19, 2011 1:35 pm)

Evil Scientist wrote:

If you download the Pocket Emulation Collections ( http://www.zophar.net/pdroms/gameboy.html ) of public domain gb roms there are a few roms in there that are essentially slideshows of fullscreen images, might help you on your quest. I tried editing one but this was the best I could do:

This page seems to explain exactly how to do it: http://gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/Displ … een_Images

But none of the .exe files needed seem to work for me, they just close as soon as I click on them.

I've been playing around with that link now for a while.. and it's not working as of yet, but close tongue
The reason the programs open and close is because they need commands, they don't work on their own (takes a while to figure that out as well)

I'll report back when i have more result big_smile

Bristol, UK

Thanks a lot Timbob, things make a bit more sense now. New problem is that when I try to use the pcx converter in commandprompt, I get told, "Error: apeshitlogo.pcx doesn't exist"

Evil Scientist wrote:

Thanks a lot Timbob, things make a bit more sense now. New problem is that when I try to use the pcx converter in commandprompt, I get told, "Error: apeshitlogo.pcx doesn't exist"

hmm, well, the obvious things to check for are:
does the file really exist? (maybe a typo?)
does the file have CAPS in it, that could be a problem (.PCX or something)
also, it might be because the filename is a bit long, try to shorten it to a 7.3 length (apeshit.pcx par example)

Wellington, New Zealand

is it in the same folder as the application?

Bristol, UK

Thanks! It's working now, must've been that i didn't put PCX in caps or something.

Great!

See if you can get the compiler to make a file tongue
Mine seems to quit everytime I try. It's giving me an unexpected program termination.. (or something like that..)
Might be because it's quite a large file it's dealing with.. either way, I can't seem to get it working...

Maybe we should start a new thread about this one, seeing as it kinda was SurfaceDragon's artwork offering thread...

Who wants to start a new one? I'm lazy tongue

Wellington, New Zealand

I will start one. SurfaceDragon's one he's making for me looks awesome.

USA

Link to Apricorn's new thread -

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4749/ … -modifying

Sydney, NSW
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Thanks a heap, man! I'm assuming you used the nam file editor with GlitchNES?

USA

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Jul 20, 2011 6:51 pm)

USA

USA

Wellington, New Zealand

what about my one without the hipster earring in the ear

USA

I've been making you wait on purpose.

Kidding, I've been busy spending time with my Girly-Gabby and cleaning my apartment.

I'll work on it right now, it should only take me a few minutes to complete.