Subway Sonicbeat wrote:
mk wrote:

Thankyou kindly mr beat.. And thanks for lending me your dingoo too

Feel free to remix or steal my samples left on your card haha

lol what?

haha.. i borrowed his dingoo/used his miniSD for my set last week.

Geneva, NY

correcting one part of wedanced's tl;dr post: dingoo prices have dropped and are now under $75:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/dingoo-a-3 … i-sd-20217

Brazil

DINGOOOOOO

San Francisco

here is the real question. should i buy another dingoo or try out the caanoo? price wise its a no brainer but the thing has got me curious.

Unsubscribe

imo opinion you have more non piggy music making options on the caanoo. The dinger is mega small though.

San Francisco
herr_prof wrote:

you have more non piggy music making options on the caanoo. The dinger is mega small though.

these are facts not opinion. any info on piggy builds tho? is it stable? does if feel off cuz of the stick? load times compared to other ports?
lag? ya kno. the basics.

caanoo has some sweet VJ software going on too its that price that makes me reluctant. it thing feels and looks pretty god damn nice. it has a great build quality.

Massachusetts, USA

milkytracker seemed to be working fine on my caanoo, but I don't know how to write with it.  Piggy runs great, the only thing I've noticed is that with the build I am using, when I go to save and quit it says, "Save and Loose Faith?" (sic) and then it freezes, and I have to restart the caanoo if I want to run a different application.  I don't know enough about all the piggy commands, but I've made a few simple sample-based (as in, no oscs and stuff) songs and it works fine, loads quick, sounds good.  I like the how the analog stick works and feels, but if you are used to a d-pad it might feel strange.

I haven't done too much with either, but pikix and grafx2 also seem to work fine on it.  I tried running nintenchords and those other programs that Nick Maynard made for NES on gpfce, and they kinda worked, but I don't think they work the same as they do on an NES.

Geneva, NY

Black caanoos on sale for $129 here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1- … -3w5n.html

Yeah, it's $50 more than a dingoo but it's also the "most likely to get MIDI."

IL, US
bleo wrote:

Black caanoos on sale for $129 here: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1- … -3w5n.html

Yeah, it's $50 more than a dingoo but it's also the "most likely to get MIDI."

especially since low-gain is interested in working on it

Brazil

Canoo is a good option if you already have another thing running piggy. That way you can keep changing from piggy to - ie - protracker, back to piggy2piggy action.

Plus the future midi thing.

Is gonna be the next thing i'll buy.

São Paulo, Brazil

fact: caanoo's shoulders buttons suck.

San Francisco
PULSELOOPER wrote:

fact: caanoo's shoulders buttons suck.

a confirmed fact.

there are complaints about the dingoo shoulder buttons but these feel worse.

also. i just got my caanoo today. quite a lovely build to it. its light but no so much that it feels cheap. that joystick was surprisingly not a huge game changer when using lgpt. the casing around the screen goes a bit too low so the top part is covered but it isn't anything to get in your way of tracking. i was told marc was working on fixing that too. so far the build seems great but i havent really tried tracking hardcore with it.
the one bug i can confirm when you exit the program it freezes the thing. its not too bad of a bug as you can reset it really easy.

how does it hold up to its competitors in the lgpt front?

good build. comfort lies somewhere in-between the dingoo and psp. screen is alright. i will say that it does better then the other 2 when tracking in direct sunlight. buttons are all ok except then shoulders. they kinda feel like dingoo clicking with a psp placement but with no action. the result is that it feels stiff and awkward but it is probably something you can get used to.

as far as getting piggy on there this has been the easiest experience i have ever had. you buy it. open it. put the port on the sd and the fucker runs. no questions asked. no hacking involved. has a volume slider that reacts slow but it is better then nothing. has no sleep mode. the battery life is good. can boot into piggy faster then the psp. the audio jack is in a similar position to the psp but i would say it doesn't get in the way at all.

size wise it is in-between the psp and dingoo more to the psp side tho making the dingoo still the platform of choice to mobile peeps.

out side of piggy use the thing is really sweet lots of community support and quality stuff like they have for the psp. I will have to say that the dingoo is still the best piggy port for cost comfort and mobility especially if you are only using it for piggy. psp is still on the top for comfort, functionality, and price if you are getting a used one for around the house.
Caanooo is the weird in-between i have to say. kinda pricey, but really functional, and there is some great other stuff to use on it. it has the added touch screen which helps for milkytracker and protracker and i can see a lot more cool stuff coming out of it. as it stands tho, the price is what makes it the big maybe. it is the best for being an open source platform tho. there is just so little hassle. meh. you decide.

Thanks so much for the info! really helping smile

San Francisco

alos.... spam.

Last edited by wedanced (Aug 18, 2011 9:22 pm)

London, UK

It looks like another new promising budget machine for piggin' on might be... erm, the new PSP.

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/08/17/s … udget_psp/

Not sure if this will load custom firmware in the same way as earlier models (didn't the PSPGo use completely different firmware) but if it'll run LGPT then this'll be my next machine.