Philly/NY

I'm down.

New York City

Now things got interesting, Enso's in da house.

Cambridge UK
enso wrote:

I'm down.

YOU BETTER BE.

Abandoned on Fire
arfink wrote:

I know we had a thread like this a while back on 8bc, but it died fairly soon because somebody dropped the ball.

Here's my proposed reorganization for the rules:

1. The challenge passes from the last person who made a picture to the next person. IE, if you were the last person to complete a challenge you get to pick the next person/topic/restrictions.
2. You must pick from someone who has expressed interest in being picked. Preferably in the order requested in this thread.
3. Upon completing the challenge, post the picture here.
4. You have 48 hours from when you see you've been challenged to get it done.
5. When you challenge someone, you MUST put out a public post here, as well as a PM just in case he doesn't see this thread.
6. If the person being challenged takes more than 24 hours to acknowledge that he's seen the challenge, the challenger can pick another and/or change the type of challenge.

NEW RULE: You can't get picked to do another challenge unless there is nobody waiting to do one.

Current challenger: Russolo
Challenge: Pixel a 320x200 size image of whatever you want, in 1 bit color. You get to pick your two colors you want to use, but it's 1 bit, so one color is "on" and the other one is "off."

Cool, glad this is happening!  Do you have plans to host the results somewhere?  I'd suggest downloading all of them yourself and then linking to Photobucket.com or whatever in the first post along with the text of the challenge like I did on 8bc.  That way nothing gets lost. smile

Minneapolis

I gots a picassa account. No problem.

Turku, FIN

i'm in when i get computer

Last edited by KeFF (Jan 28, 2010 7:42 pm)

FERNDALE, MI, USA

i'm in.

edit: punctuation.

Last edited by octavialsilver (Jan 28, 2010 7:56 pm)

I'm in too.

Anaheim, California

Ok here i go

oh where do I post it?

Last edited by Russolo (Jan 29, 2010 5:44 am)

Minneapolis

Here. Put the picture wherever you want online, but use the IMG tag so we can see it here.

Anaheim, California

*IMG tag edit by Low-Gain

*click "all sizes" in flickr, then click on image and drag it to your address bar. image will then load w/ .file index and you can copy and past from there*

Anaheim, California

thanks for the tips Low-gain

Alright for the next pixel art project I challenge ant1 to make a picture no bigger than 400x400 of a bear using only shades of green  GO!!!

uhajdafdfdfa
Russolo wrote:

thanks for the tips Low-gain

Alright for the next pixel art project I challenge ant1 to make a picture no bigger than 400x400 of a bear using only shades of green  GO!!!

Ok! Nice challenge, haha. smile

48hrs starting from now, I'll start in the morning. big_smile

uhajdafdfdfa

400x400 bear, using only shades of green.

It's rubbish, haha, not really even pixel art. sad

Next up, I challenge Akira^8GB to do a 320x200 (preferably) picture of a wall covered in graffiti (the graffiti can be whatever, do something cool, but keep it 'graffiti-style'), using the C64 palette.

Milton Keynes, England
ant1 wrote:

400x400 bear, using only shades of green.

nothing in this thread will be better than this!

Minneapolis

Cool, looks good. I'm going to have to get my Picassa set up and begin archiving soon.