Philly, PA, USA
µB wrote:
trash80 wrote:

ps its fixed. and it was your name.

Thank you!

I'm special! big_smile

Also, the Recent button was the one I used most often. I like that you made it into home- just a thought, would it be possible to declutter the front page a bit by making a Forums button that has a drop down? Likewise, you could make the Music button drop down the filter options.

Ignore this if that is a horrible design idea, because I have no idea how to create good GUIs

Oh oh, I don't know how difficult it would be but maybe if it was like a tabbed design of sorts, between forums, music and like.... recent posts? I don't know. Something like that maybe though.

Also +1 for bringing back the recent posts button.

Oh one other thing is that on my homepage the "New Posts" button gets slightly cut off at the bottom. Don't know if anyone else has this issue.

Last edited by pixls (Sep 19, 2011 3:23 pm)

Venezuela

ouch!, the new home is confusing as hell! sad and for ppl like me that dont want much information is a bit painful having it. If you guys plan to leave it like that, plz leave an option to switch between the old and the new. Because i personaly dont want all that information sad

What about something like this?

Westfield, NJ

drop downs are awful. this new homepage is pretty good and I think once we all get used to it we will love it.

Milwaukee, WI

Can't we all just go back to ignoring the music section again?

Abandoned on Fire

Cool  smile  So, basically, the "Home" button now functions as the "Recent Posts" button?

Contrary to all the whiners, I love the new homepage and I'd love to have an option to retain is just like this if someone tries to tinker with it and ruin my happy day.

Westfield, NJ
El Huesudo II wrote:

Contrary to all the whiners, I love the new homepage and I'd love to have an option to retain is just like this if someone tries to tinker with it and ruin my happy day.

Yeah everyone should take a week to see if they still hate it or not.

A gray world of dread

ui, that might work on wide screen, but not so good on my 18" hmm

Venezuela

uB actually this is 17", and thats how it looks in mine.
And is just an idea, i see the new home a bit confusing, specially because of the songs.. the rest is pretty much the same.

A gray world of dread

Well, I like the multi-column layout for new music, because it doesn't favor the latest upload so much (as the up-down list on 8bc does)

And yeah, if I close my bookmark list, your layout works fine.

Last edited by µB (Sep 19, 2011 5:26 pm)

Nomad's Land

wow, new frontpage looks nice.

i've got a suggestion though to solve the wide screen issue. the log-in and search fields could be moved to the top right of the page, next to the header. the who's online tab could go to the bottom of the page, since it's not very important information. so the right side bar would not be needed anymore.

also it would look even prettier if the whole page could be centered rather than tied to the left.

Los Angeles
pixls wrote:

Oh one other thing is that on my homepage the "New Posts" button gets slightly cut off at the bottom. Don't know if anyone else has this issue.

Yeah I saw that too, gonna fix it.

For those confused with the layout on the home page, I'm working on a pie chart.

The Hollow Earth

The new homepage rox! Thanx cm.org!

Westfield, NJ
irrlichtproject wrote:

i've got a suggestion though to solve the wide screen issue. the log-in and search fields could be moved to the top right of the page, next to the header. the who's online tab could go to the bottom of the page, since it's not very important information. so the right side bar would not be needed anymore.

also it would look even prettier if the whole page could be centered rather than tied to the left.

I like this idea smile

Los Angeles
irrlichtproject wrote:

What widescreen issue?

Unsubscribe

I like the song position at the top, where it belongs.. but it seems cluttered to my eyes.