IL, US

Didn't seem to... Need to check into it more

Tokyo, Japan

im having compo problems too, my PSP is locking up regularly, my caanoo has a broken stick and my dinger wont boot.....

Geneva, NY

i ran into this when i was writing glaze. dropped the master volume way low and those clicks were still there. and they're definitely not the sample click thangs. might be the feedback loop overloading? if that's even possible? like i mentioned on the mailing list, theres something different with the filter or feedback loop or something in this build. and yeah, i'm noticing this more now that my compo wip is getting a bit more complex... let's figure this out!!!

San Francisco

things i noticed in the caanoo build is that the timer is waaaaay fucked now. runs way too fast and there is still the shutting down issue it freezes still for me. i havent had any clicking issuses but i havent gotten heavy into to the new commands and stuff.

IL, US

I have a massive pop sound in my track that's being caused by some combo of chains, have to give it a listen on the monitors tomorrow, but there seemed to be a bit of a crackle at some points that weren't noticeable on my car speakers

London, UK

Guys: I'm getting all of these issues too. e.s.c, you're right, it almost sounds like some chain combos are clipping even when the volume is way down low. Don't use the feedback effects much, but it certainly comes up with some filter use...

Wedanced: same here on the timer issues. Seems to run at double speed?

Would be great to get these issues smashed, Caanoo seems like a great little platform with an exciting future...!

Unsubscribe

Bug smasher compo: already successful

Last edited by herr_prof (Nov 17, 2011 12:15 pm)

Geneva, NY
wedanced wrote:

and there is still the shutting down issue it freezes still for me

marc on the mailing list wrote:

It's actually because it needs a startup shell script.

Grab http://dl.dropbox.com/u/323652/ghetto/lgpt.sh and put it next to the
gpe. then mod the .ini file so it points to the sh rather than the gpe

Geneva, NY

Anyone got any more info/experience with this popping thing? I'm going to try some things to isolate it tonite and any leads will save me some time.

Turku, FIN

New pig machine?

http://www.gamegadget.net/press-release.html

IL, US
bleo wrote:

Anyone got any more info/experience with this popping thing? I'm going to try some things to isolate it tonite and any leads will save me some time.

seems like the whole master volume outputs way too hot... try what i just did: set your caanoo master volume slider all the way up, try the entire range of master volume settings in piggy from 10 all the way up...
with my track, i have popping even at 10 with some chain combos (or possibly even just a total number of events on a single tick? messing around in live mode real quick i couldn't find a sure-fire way to recreate the pops) always happens at step 08 in the 2nd phrase in the chain... when the votepack is out you guys can poke around in my sav and see what i mean...overall, seemed to be issues with the way volume control on instruments is working, most ranges of adjustment didn't seem to change the volume as much as the tone
then again, maybe im just imagining things after a long day of work + commuting in chicago traffic

Geneva, NY

I did a bit more poking around and I found that shit is definitely clipping somehow BEFORE the master. I noticed that those clip pops were happening every so often when the kick drum sounded. So I did a render of just my kick sound. Here's the weird part: simply importing that kick mixdown back into piggy should have given me the exact same kick, exact same volume, but it didn't. It was waaayyy quieter. Cranking it to 255 still wasn't the same volume as the original instrument. So then I normalized it to 0db and imported it again. At 255, it's ALMOST as loud as it was originally, but still a little different/quieter somehow. Regardless, clip pops GONE.

Also, I has no caanoo. But I got the same shit on dingoo, gp2c and win32.

2 days left to compo. Let's make this one mega.

Abandoned on Fire

Unrelated but Linux for PS2?  Neverheard of that before.

IL, US

maybe i'll be lucky enough to find a few minutes at work to kill the last of my clicks & pops, think there were a few small ones left

London, UK

Any word on diagnosing / solving these bugs? They're really frustrating.

(I offer very little in the way of technical know-how here, but am happy to throw some money at the problem.)

Geneva, NY
matt.nida wrote:

Any word on diagnosing / solving these bugs? They're really frustrating.

Well the bugs have been reported. Marc's super-busy with life stuff for the next 2 months or so, so they're likely not to be fixed for a little bit. And I'd guess no amount of money thrown at him could make things move any quicker. In the meantime, you can always go back to the latest stable build you were using.

Basically, I'm almost positive the bug you're talking about is some sort of clipping in the pre-master stage. I was able to work around it in my compo entry by calming down the volumes of certain instruments as well as rendering my kick instrument and re-importing it as a simple sample. Mind you, this isn't going to help us at all with loading old projects in the new build, but it'll at least let us move forward having fun writing new stuff. The latest compo proved that 9 dudes could make pretty damn good tracks regardless of these bugs! tongue