So uhm yeah
I've got this song that freezes up my DMG every time it hits a certain point. 3 instruments playing simultaneously + vibrato D9-ish + 180 bpm. It glitches up, doesn't respond to anything, but keeps playing like normal.

It made me wonder if this ever happened to any of you guys live. Glitching or just plain freezes, and what did/do you do?

Unsubscribe

Maybe clean the cart and connector? What program? Try saving it in another slot?

BK

It might be that you're pushing the processor too hard- I remember trying to run some Chromix songs on my DMG which were originally written for SP and it caused me to lose control of the cursor.  Try optimizing your tables if you have them and maybe simplifying some stuff. You may also want to try it on a newer model game boy and see if that alleviates the problem.

Gosford, Australia

try it with a slower bpm and/or slower vibrato or none at all, also clean unused instruments and song data.

Gosford, Australia

try it with a slower bpm and/or slower vibrato or none at all, also clean unused instruments and song data.

Montclair, NJ

I make fast music with LSDJ and most of my songs do this when played on the DMG. This will also happen on a Gameboy Pocket. I use a GBC, which sounds perfectly OK when prosound-modded. That is my recommendation.

Louisiana
Kris k wrote:

It might be that you're pushing the processor too hard- I remember trying to run some Chromix songs on my DMG which were originally written for SP and it caused me to lose control of the cursor.  Try optimizing your tables if you have them and maybe simplifying some stuff. You may also want to try it on a newer model game boy and see if that alleviates the problem.

I second this notion. Sometimes even swapping to a gameboy color helps. It's weird. And you might have to hange a few of your instruments if you do swap to a newer gameboy to make them sound right. DMG has a very particular sound to it and if a song programmed for a DMG is put into a newer gameboy or even a super gameboy cart it makes it sound kinda funny in certain parts especially if you use glitchy sounds in your pulse 1-2 channels they will be very high pitched and funky but easily fixed with a few alterations to the table. Wav channel won't be as awesome either and your noise channel might need a little tweaking also if you use the drum kits that are built in. I'm saying all this assuming youre using lsdj. But yes this is an issue I bet a lot of us have come across especially te people tha write really complex stuff. I've also noticed that updating to a newer more stable version of lsdj helps also. I had a song I wrote on a 1.3 or 3.1 something version and it lagged my screen but I eventually updated my cart to a newer version 1.4 or 4.1 something and it actually played through smoothly. Hope something helps or you figure out man. Best of luck, and let us know if anything helped.

It's not really a problem to me, as the song sounds just fine. i just can't navigate trough screens for 1 chainlength.
Definitely pushing the processor limits.

Works fine on the GBC, although I use earplugs when working with it, because it's too silent. Damn that high-pitch buzz gives me headaches.

Montclair, NJ

The high-pitch buzz is fixable via prosound, but, if you make music like mine, the buzz doesn't really matter hahaha.

buffalo, NY

yeah vibrato is really a processor killer.  Try removing some of the vibrato and you'll be fine.

A Versus B wrote:

if you make music like mine

That's my plan, yes