Sydney, NSW
10k wrote:

Even that name makes me want to pick a fight... haha

if the name isn't bad enough, there's a segment where they ask for 8yr old kids to send in questions about games. some of the questions are just deafeningly stupid.

Melbourne, Australia
Chainsaw Police wrote:

if the name isn't bad enough, there's a segment where they ask for 8yr old kids to send in questions about games. some of the questions are just deafeningly stupid.

hardcore, Australia

So guys, how good was this?

ad-hell-aide

Best weekend of 2012.

Melbourne, Australia

It was okay I guess... didn't have enough mario covers imo

ad-hell-aide

+1

next time can we organise more coin samples? i think that it should be mandatory for every set to contain a minimum quota of coin samples...

Melbourne, Australia

$100 worth of coin.

Gosford, Australia

needed more get a thong up ya

Melbourne, AU

I need more live chip now. When's the next soundbytes event?

Melbourne, Australia

TBH, we don't know yet. Might try and do something around Blip NY time. It'kll be announced here when we know, as well as facebook.com/soundbytesoz and twitter.com/soundbytesoz

Melbourne

I wish I had the capacity to organise live chip gigs! Unfortunately my promotional ability is next to nothing.

Unsubscribe
pselodux wrote:

I wish I had the capacity to organise live chip gigs! Unfortunately my promotional ability is next to nothing.

Then you might just have a long career in chiptune promotion.

Melbourne, Australia

You learn as you go. Its one of those things though - can Melbourne really support mltiple regular chip shows? Maybe we're starting to get to the point where we can now, but it's hard to say

Gosford, Australia

get some chip shows happening in adelaide
"the great australian byte" haw haw haw

Melbourne, Australia

There are chipshows happening in Adelaide, sadly they did not go with that amazing name!

Melbourne
dosPrompt wrote:

You learn as you go. Its one of those things though - can Melbourne really support mltiple regular chip shows? Maybe we're starting to get to the point where we can now, but it's hard to say

Well, they wouldn't strictly be chip shows I guess. I would like to see more dance-related gigs though that are within our range of styles, presented in a 'constant music' format where live performers play mixed dance sets with DJs in between. Blip was pretty close, and quite a few Soundbytes gigs have been pretty close to that as well but I'd like to see it taken to rave levels where there's no break in the music at all. Would take quite a bit of organising though, especially since a lot of live performers don't really play constant mix sets. But it's something I think about when I go to dnb/breaks/etc shows—I wonder what it'd be like with the kind of stuff that gets played at our chip gigs..