Melbourne, AU
ant1 wrote:

but i don't have to worry because no one has ever made a good song in reason

Any good chip songs, or just good songs in general? Because there are a few (non chip) artists I really like that make their shit in reason.

Sydney, NSW

people are stupid

Hudson, MA

So there was this time I once took a banana and slapped it against a keyboard and then transcribed it to Famitracker.  It was awesome, although now that keyboard's messed up.

Oh yeah, and you should probably learn to make music the hard way so the people who actually give a shit see you've made the effort to understand the fascination behind making the music other than "Hurr it's bleeps and bloops so it's cool amirite."

Make music however you'd like, though.  Just remember you'll always have that stigma with some if you just use a DAW.

Savannah, Georgia

gxscc. all of your arguments.

sweden

I would like to point out that Reason is not a DAW.

Now carry on.

Hudson, MA
Aeros wrote:

gxscc. all of your arguments.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Well played.

.FILTHadelphia

Has anyone accused "fakebit" artists of cheating yet?

Tacoma, WA
defiantsystems wrote:

Has anyone accused "fakebit" artists of cheating yet?

I guess "fakebit" could be considered "cheating" but I don't believe it to be so. Some people just don't have the cash or the ability to buy some of the original hardware, so the next best thing would be to emulate the sounds... They at least have some reverence for the classic sounds and may utilize them in new and unexpected ways which may help enlighten the community about the possibilities of these new and unexpected stuffs...

San Angelo, TX
nordloef wrote:

Now carry on.

The mans correct it's a plugin, but people use it standalone all the time and it does have a lot of key aspects that DAWS have

Chicago IL

i make fakebit in reason and i dgaf

The Hollow Earth
BR1GHT PR1MATE wrote:

jake, i would argue that this one is better: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/6455/ … s-exactly/

OMFG I nearly had a heart attack, reading that thread. Friggin' hilarious!

Godzilladelph
nordloef wrote:

Now carry on.

Well, as of Reason 6, it fully is wink

though I'm not sure why this stopped anyone from using it before. The soft synths packaged within can do some pretty ill things, especially thor / maelstrom

Melbourne, Australia
ant1 wrote:

Last time I checked Disasterpeace wrote a lot of stuff in Reason.

Melbourne, Australia

Yay, another one of these threads.

BOSTON
celsius wrote:
ant1 wrote:

Last time I checked Disasterpeace wrote a lot of stuff in Reason.

and that guy is terrible

shanghai

its simple.use lsdj or gtfo off chipmusic.org you fake motherfucker. seriously. this guy is gnarsauce right ? it was only a matter of time before the 8bc trolls got bored and came here. Make music on whatever you want, just shut up about it. i tell you what shove an atari joystick up your mothers anus, record her squeels, bitcrush the squeels, convert to an lsdj kit, make a breakcore beat with it. chipmusics done okays.

Last edited by Downstate (Mar 22, 2012 8:18 am)