New York City
Zef wrote:

I just back up my carts regularly.

This was always my main problem, before there were no USB carts and backing up meant having a computer ancient enough to both have a parallel port and a shitty operating system that would run the even shittier software bundled with the cartridge reader you had chosen. So frequent backups were out of teh question..

I was on tour for all 2008 and back up was not an option, so I lost a ton of shit after a battery death in Sheffield. There were some good tunes there sad

Melbourne, Australia

Just wait till the first production run of abrasive's "Heaps Cart" is out. Batteryless FRAM baby. You'll die before the cart does! tongue

detroit
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

No reason to use a Gameboy unless you're a masochist

all day/everyday

Tacoma, WA
barbeque wrote:
ChipsChallengeBand wrote:

No reason to use a Gameboy unless you're a masochist

all day/everyday

for days...

STARDRAIN, CA

oh forgot.. alternative to gameboy > PC running Reason.

detroit
Kool Skull wrote:

oh forgot.. alternative to gameboy > PC running LGPT.

I gotchu, brother. wink

Gosford, Australia
celsius wrote:

Batteryless FRAM baby. You'll die before the cart does! tongue

Damn, that's sobering :<

Kool Skull wrote:

oh forgot.. alternative to gameboy > PC running Reason.

CHEATER! wink

Last edited by Victory Road (Mar 28, 2012 2:41 am)

New York City
celsius wrote:

Just wait till the first production run of abrasive's "Heaps Cart" is out.

I can't be arsed with this game boy shit anymore. I switched to mGB and store nothing on the GB cart. Much more reliable.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Mar 28, 2012 10:18 am)

akira^8GB wrote:

I can't be arsed with this game boy shit anymore.

wat

São Paulo, Brazil
kineticturtle wrote:

Data storage reliability is, in part, a human function.

Neo Jersey

i used a hacked psp for a bit. but then it got screwy with my saves so i said fuck you and got a dmg lol. forget which emulator i was using...

Savannah, Georgia

well, you've got a lot of options if you're looking for an alternative, you could use deflemask tracker or a jailbroken idevice using an emulator or an android GB emulator or a jailbroken PSP running a GB emulator or if you're seriously desperate then just go skeet shoot your cartridge, upload it to youtube, and by extension because you're shooting stuff with a real gun on an online video-hosting site you'll get some extra cash through ad revenue and partnership, so then use that cash to bribe a cart out of the dude making the heaps cart, then shoot the cartridge to please your fans and repeat the process to earn so much money you just stop giving a shit about chiptunes and then just start making youtube videos of you shooting guns and acting like a douchebag for a living making a whole f-ton of money you probably don't deserve

i think what i'm trying to say is just go replace the battery and start backing your cart up more often

Last edited by Aeros (Mar 29, 2012 12:59 am)

Melbourne, AU
Aeros wrote:

well, you've got a lot of options if you're looking for an alternative, you could use deflemask tracker or a jailbroken idevice using an emulator or an android GB emulator or a jailbroken PSP running a GB emulator or if you're seriously desperate then just go skeet shoot your cartridge, upload it to youtube, and by extension because you're shooting stuff with a real gun on an online video-hosting site you'll get some extra cash through ad revenue and partnership, so then use that cash to bribe a cart out of the dude making the heaps cart, then shoot the cartridge to please your fans and repeat the process to earn so much money you just stop giving a shit about chiptunes and then just start making youtube videos of you shooting guns and acting like a douchebag for a living making a whole f-ton of money you probably don't deserve

Don't forget to put on a russian accent.