Cleveland, OH

Cover other songs. Keeps me sharp. smile

quit chipmusic again

Westfield, NJ

listen to other music, or just call it a day and try again tomorrow.

Lexington, KY

I get angry and stressed out and throw my DMG around.

.FILTHadelphia

I don't get writer's block. I get distracted or lazy. I'm working on a song right now and I'm distracted by cm.o.

Seattle, WA

I tend to get burnt out after writing a few songs, so I force myself to take q few days off, which usually makes me want to write music so bad again that any block that was there is now gone.

Or drugs. Lots of drugs.

Neo Jersey

i find exercising and showering helps to clear my mind. also something about the white noise of the shower is supposed to stimulate creativity or some shit. drivin around with the track on repeat helps me get some ideas occasionally too. oh and jacking off sometimes helps lol.

Austin, TX
justinthursday wrote:

Cover other songs. Keeps me sharp. smile

I like to do this, too. Covering short pop songs is a good way for me to take a break from a really demanding project.

Medina, Ohio
xombiexplox wrote:

I just play Earthbound.

No one can top this...NO ONE!!!

melbourne, australia

look up oblique strategies

Connecticut USA

Earthbound like xombie said.

xombie like Earthbound said.

Puerto Rico
ninjaspew wrote:

look up oblique strategies

And listen to math rock.

Sydney, NSW

I usually do what VCMG does and goof off until a lightbulb appears over my head.
But it's not all bad, usually I suffer from what I like to call the Rob Swire complex - craft a shitload of instruments and synths, then staring at my gameboy with not a fucking clue what to do with any of them. Eventually these instruments give me an idea for a progression or melody, and I go from there!

Last edited by Chainsaw Police (Apr 11, 2012 1:07 am)

Hudson, MA

I walk away from whatever I'm working on and hope I get l'esprit de l'escalier.  If that doesn't work, I just try to learn new tricks or different concepts and see what I can do with them.

uhajdafdfdfa

i don't think it's my duty to be continuously non-stop writing music. so when i don't feel like it i just don't do it smile