didn't click, he called it Boss Wave

Westfield, NJ
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:
Decktonic wrote:

Because Xilent is not sampling another artist's work without permission. What you are describing is total apples and oranges. A little Internet research will uncover what Crystal Castles did that had everyone so mad.

No, I mean kids rip offing crystal castles style. Every upbeat sliced vocals song you hear around (kap bambino, you love her cos shes dead, any hipster from Austin, Tx) gets shit from "real" chiptuners, yet this guy takes advance from 16 bit nostalgia and its all fun and smiles.

For the record, the song is not bad for lamestep.

Oh I know nothing about that. Maybe the fact you have to put real in quotation marks says something.

Seattle, WA US

lol guys there are a lot of songs like this.. they just don't have fancy nerd-friendly music videos.

Xilent is certainly within the realm of sell-out dubstep artists

lolusa
O2star wrote:

dudestep

sorry i really liked that

Liverpool, UK

...(any hipster from Austin, Tx) gets shit from "real" chiptuners...

Hey, we all love IAYD!

Chicago, IL

Personally thought the parts that weren't chip were lame. I couldn't produce like that, but I'm sure he could have come up with more of a contrast. Like chip chip chip chip DROP chip chip instead of chip chip drip chip chip

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 9:27 pm)

Westfield, NJ
Feryl wrote:

Why the Skrillex drums again?

drums don't get better than Skrillex drums. We've reached the apex of ideal drum samples, everything else is just weird now.

Unsubscribe

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Kap Bambino is rad.

Madriz, Supain
herr_prof wrote:

GUYS GUYS GUYS

Kap Bambino is rad.

Of course they were.

And Crystal Castles.

But thats a different topic.

I dont like this song that much. And I dont get why nobody is shiteing on him and all. But dont feed me, I feel kinda trollish when I say this stuff and all.

Westfield, NJ

I dont like this song that much. And I dont get why nobody is shiteing on him and all. But dont feed me, I feel kinda trollish when I say this stuff and all.

horses for courses. It's not my favorite Xilent song but I still like it.

lolusa
squidula wrote:

Personally thought the parts that weren't chip were lame. I couldn't produce like that, but I'm sure he could have come up with more of a contrast. Like chip chip chip chip DROP chip chip instead of chip chip drip chip chip

would have been sick if it was drip drip drip drip drip drip

Planet Zaxxon

ok finally just watched.. and i dont care what anyone says.. chiptune fakebit cheater nes shannananinangas.. who cares because that track is awesome... sweet production all around, audio/video.... he's almost on that KOAN SOUND vibe.. similar bass styles.. that track is ok in my book and the mix is mint.

But remember, tracks like that aren't a cakewalk to make.....AND BELIEVE ME I HAVE TRIED MANY TIMES AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ALL THESE MEGA BIG PRODUCERS ARE DOING .....

Last edited by O2star (Jan 31, 2013 12:01 am)

IL, US
Decktonic wrote:

Because Xilent is not sampling another artist's work without permission. What you are describing is total apples and oranges. A little Internet research will uncover what Crystal Castles did that had everyone so mad.

No, I mean kids rip offing crystal castles style. Every upbeat sliced vocals song you hear around (kap bambino, you love her cos shes dead, any hipster from Austin, Tx) gets shit from "real" chiptuners, yet this guy takes advance from 16 bit nostalgia and its all fun and smiles.

For the record, the song is not bad for lamestep.

i cant say i know any of the artists youre talking about so i cant really say why they may or may not get shit from people (or even if they do or its just a perceived us vs. them thing as happens so often in this scene)

Last edited by e.s.c. (Jan 31, 2013 1:17 am)

Chicago IL

we're all ripping off crystal castles they are original and respectable artists

Puerto Rico

https://soundcloud.com/noisia/noisia-devil-may-cry-18