sweden

Hey!

This video is going pretty viral and I'm surprised that I haven't seen it on here yet. Unlike the videos posted in the "chip in pop" thread the majority of these sounds are what you could consider chip sounds.

/ nordloef

Last edited by nordloef (Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm)

BOSTON

i wasnt sold until fungus time and the ending. i chortled loudly! good for you dubstep guy, that was fun.

Well produced, good sounding, but I feel like unless we see more songs like this from Xilent we can write it off as "capitalizing on nostalgia" and stuff hmm

Earth

Pretty enjoyable actually -- as far as brostep goes.

shanghai

thats not bad, not so keen on the same ole same ole sick dropz, but for the most part that was fucking fun...... 1up by Spor is a good one - less so chipmusicyreally. but it was a gimmick tune i still always played because its savage

Matthew Joseph Payne

Worth it for the end of the video.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

I was never into dubstep, but this track is sick.

Westfield, NJ

Xilent is my absolute favorite dubstep producer right now, I've also been listening to his earlier drum n bass stuff too and it's all very very good.

Planet Zaxxon

havent listened to this track yet but i know of this other dudestep guy doing the video game thing and/or sampling games i dont know.. I havent listened to his tracks really.. and cant at work right now.. heh

more tracks at:

https://soundcloud.com/nostalgia

Westfield, NJ

I mean there's a lot of guys out of the OC remix community that came up doing dubstep remixes of VGM tracks, and some big names like Zedd and Excision that have done major label VGM dubstep releases, but there's a big difference between sampling a classic VGM OST track and actually making an original track with chiptune VSTs (which you all know already)!

BOSTON
O2star wrote:

havent listened to this track yet but i know of this other dudestep guy doing the video game thing and/or sampling games i dont know.. I havent listened to his tracks really.. and cant at work right now.. heh

more tracks at:

https://soundcloud.com/nostalgia

oh man this is exactly as bad as the 10,000,000 other ones of these everybody has heard at every chiptune open mic ever

matt's mind

kids are indeed subhumans

Madriz, Supain

why is this acceptable and not Crystal Castles hipster rip offs from kids? Guys I never understand.

Westfield, NJ
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

why is this acceptable and not Crystal Castles hipster rip offs from kids? Guys I never understand.

Because Xilent is not sampling another artist's work without permission. What you are describing is total apples and oranges. A little Internet research will uncover what Crystal Castles did that had everyone so mad.

Westfield, NJ

Also LOL this guy...

Madriz, Supain
Decktonic wrote:
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Because Xilent is not sampling another artist's work without permission. What you are describing is total apples and oranges. A little Internet research will uncover what Crystal Castles did that had everyone so mad.

No, I mean kids rip offing crystal castles style. Every upbeat sliced vocals song you hear around (kap bambino, you love her cos shes dead, any hipster from Austin, Tx) gets shit from "real" chiptuners, yet this guy takes advance from 16 bit nostalgia and its all fun and smiles.

For the record, the song is not bad for lamestep.