Apeshit wrote:
nerdsome wrote:

Black start/select buttons available on eBay.

I wondered about these. Has anyone bought them? I would assume they're dyed, but they look new.

They are dyed with hair dye I believe. They smell a bit weird but they look great.

nerdsome wrote:
Apeshit wrote:

I wondered about these. Has anyone bought them? I would assume they're dyed, but they look new.

They are dyed with hair dye I believe. They smell a bit weird but they look great.  I just got some.

Playboy Man-Baby
Apeshit wrote:

The fact that they're impossible to keep in stock for more than a matter of days suggests that people wouldn't rather make their own.

Thanks again for mine, by the way. I don't think I ever shot you a thank-you email, so I'm doing it publicly here and also thereby promoting your products.

matt's mind

you can check out from the shop without creating a paypal account, with debit or credit,

so i'm not sure why your debit card wouldn't work right now. 

am i missing something with that?

will have black s/s buttons at some point... (that dont smell like hair dye, although i like that coloring silicone this way was figured out)

matt's mind
Alpine wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

If you have a debit card, you have a bank right? then cant you setup a paypal account with the debit card?

It's not that simple, I'm not legally old enough and I don't really want to lie about my age when it comes to money related stuff.

ask your parents.  not trying to point out your age or anything, i'm serious.  just ask them, if they let you use the card in real life, and you're responsible, you can use paypal as a minor with your responsible adult's permission.  you won't violate paypal terms if they let you (and they are over 18 and your legal permission giver)

alternatively, we can do western union/moneygram.

try to avoid google services because there is wayyyy too much fraud going on there.

matt's mind
Xevin wrote:

To anyone willing:

This on a micro PCB (using SMD and whatnot):
Schematic: http://twitpic.com/aai8ho
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsAD9ZWiKc

Should work for both invert switch and backlight switch. I'm just so tired of ugly bat handle toggle switches... Thanks for considering it.

is this your design?

i had toyed with a microcontroller circuit that did basically this but never got it complete...  (pushbutton instead of toggle)

Maine
Apeshit wrote:
TheBronyChip wrote:

*smart people

also gtfo the kitsch thread

Give your head a shake, kiddo. You asked about a product I sell.

sorry
you just sound mean to me and i tend to get defensive >.>

Can we get the thread name changed to "Vendor Requests and Negotiations thread"? To keep it a bit more neutral, because clearly multiple shops would benefit from this thread, and it would neutralize the atmosphere.

Milwaukee, WI

A run of those DMG back mobo PCB's that Rolf(?) made the eagle files for. big_smile

thebitman wrote:

Can we get the thread name changed to "Vendor Requests and Negotiations thread"?

Done.

nerdsome wrote:

Done.

Cheers!

By the way, there's multiple requests in this thread of things we've already started making. Most of which is passed the prototyping phase and only pending final manufacturing. Won't say what they are yet though. smile

You should tell us what they are and potential release date so we can ready out clicking finger for the purchase.

UK, Leicester
kitsch wrote:

you can check out from the shop without creating a paypal account, with debit or credit,

so i'm not sure why your debit card wouldn't work right now. 

am i missing something with that?

It's almost like I don't know how to use my own eyes. I actually hadn't noticed, now I feel quite the fool.

kitsch wrote:
Alpine wrote:

It's not that simple, I'm not legally old enough and I don't really want to lie about my age when it comes to money related stuff.

ask your parents.  not trying to point out your age or anything, i'm serious.  just ask them, if they let you use the card in real life, and you're responsible, you can use paypal as a minor with your responsible adult's permission.  you won't violate paypal terms if they let you (and they are over 18 and your legal permission giver)

alternatively, we can do western union/moneygram.

try to avoid google services because there is wayyyy too much fraud going on there.

I wasn't really aware that I could use paypal as a minor, I knew there was this thing over in the US that was like a paypal student account or something, but it wasn't really what I was looking for. I'm going to talk to them about this tomorrow.

ad-hell-aide

You absolutely can use paypal as a minor smile

Yay! BUY THE CHIP THINGS!

Dallas
kitsch wrote:
Xevin wrote:

To anyone willing:

This on a micro PCB (using SMD and whatnot):
Schematic: http://twitpic.com/aai8ho
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsAD9ZWiKc

Should work for both invert switch and backlight switch. I'm just so tired of ugly bat handle toggle switches... Thanks for considering it.

is this your design?

i had toyed with a microcontroller circuit that did basically this but never got it complete...  (pushbutton instead of toggle)

Not my design, but I built it 3 days ago and it does indeed work perfectly. I would love anything that allows for push button invert and backlight on/off control. Willing to pay $10 per board too, in case you were wondering.

Also since I have your attention. When will you be getting more low battery LED switches instock?

matt's mind

they sold out today, i *think* i have some PCBs i'll check on IC stock and whatnot. 

i know i need to order more LEDs, which isn't a problem.