Pensacola, Fl

I'm aware that there are different models of cpus and Im just curious what is everyones experience with the different models

clovis CA

cpu-06 smile

Austin, Texas

If you can tell the difference on a recording I will eat my hat.

Pensacola, Fl
Telerophon wrote:

If you can tell the difference on a recording I will eat my hat.

Im more interested in the difference, if any, in the dmgs ability to handle massive amounts of tables running in lsdj

Unsubscribe

there are none for dmgs. If you are concerned about tables, use a gameboy advance or sp.

matt's mind

the DMG CPU revisions won't affect the ability to run tables. 

the revisions do affect the wav channel however.  not sure the particularities of this, other than this is where the differences are key to some people.  most avoid a -B CPU with a DMG-CPU-02 PCB layout.  i think thats the 'iffy' combo.

could be entirely wrong though!  imo, its all part of the equipment itself, the consoles which really fuck up the sound in some unexpected way are more of a gem to me even if its just sitting down trying to 'tame' them

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 11:03 pm)

washington
BlakePalmer wrote:

LITTLE SOUND DISC LION

edit for jungle cats

Last edited by basspuddle (Apr 12, 2013 5:31 am)

kitsch wrote:

But replacing it with a SGB CPU would.

Gosford, Australia

i dunno, i've read numerous posts by the cleverest dudes saying that the SGB cpu isn't faster, it just boots quicker (i.e. no nintendo logo and "bading!")
or at least, that was my understanding of things!

Last edited by Victory Road (Apr 12, 2013 6:27 am)

clovis CA

cpu-02 has an issue about sampling i think

Last edited by BlakePalmer (Mar 20, 2018 11:04 pm)

Glitch Militia wrote:
kitsch wrote:

But replacing it with a SGB CPU would.

Nope, it won't. It will just start faster, that's all.

Taichung, Taiwan

The SGB is a tad bit faster because of the timing crystal... but you're only switching over the SGB CPU and not the SGB timing crystal.

Utah

I have one cpu-03 that the wav channel (especially samples) sounds absolutely atrocious on. It also does not play nice with ASM PCB mount pro sound.

Theoratically if you over clock your DMG at double speed, and play everything at half the bpm and one Octave lower, you would have better table handling.