East Kilbride, Scotland

Add yourself and others to the database via this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/142dFDZ … g/viewform

View the Chiptune Musician World Database:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … sp=sharing

Hello. I don't know if you remember this, but back in 2008 on 8bc, LowGain and myself managed the Chiptune World Map, a list of contact details/area information for chiptune musicians. On quite a few topics, I've found people asking what artists are in their area, so I thought it might be a good idea to restart this.

If you would like to add yourself and other local musicians to this Google Document, then maybe it'll be easier to find each other in the future.  Alternatively, you could comment with the necessary details below and I'll add you at the earliest convenience.

Feedback welcome! I'm open to making this as user-friendly as possible!

Note: I've left e-mail addresses off this on purposes to prevent mass spamming.

Special thanks to: Josh from 8bitpeoples and everyone else who contributed to this thread

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (May 10, 2013 8:40 pm)

Bristol

Great idea.. I have scraps of paper with this kinda thing scribbled on.. but then I lose them..

Sycamore Drive wrote:

Chiptune World Map

Kinda like this?

East Kilbride, Scotland

9-Heart, but on that there are no links to music or ways to get in touch with those people (that I have found, please correct me if I'm wrong), it's just artist names and locations.

Also, I wouldn't call it easy to browse (in my own opinion, of course). So I think for the moment I'll press on with the database. Thanks for the heads up though!

IL, US

yeah, database is way more useful than the world map thing

California, United States

Go ahead and add me if you like
"Doxic, United States, California, http://soundcloud.com/thislinkisnttaken "

Last edited by Doxic (May 5, 2013 3:08 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

shit gettin' addddddded, fun to watch

.FILTHadelphia

Added myself.

East Kilbride, Scotland

Quick bit of feedback needed. Separate headings for Soundcloud/Bandcamp links? Yay or nay?

EDIT: I decided to add it, no harm in having lots of links (in case someone wants to subscribe to every chiptuner on Soundcloud).

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (May 5, 2013 4:51 pm)

IL, US

maybe? i do have both of those as well
oh, maybe youtube and vimeo for the vj's (and maybe change it to VJs/Visualists)?

Last edited by e.s.c. (May 5, 2013 4:54 pm)

East Kilbride, Scotland
e.s.c. wrote:

maybe? i do have both of those as well
oh, maybe youtube and vimeo for the vj's (and maybe change it to VJs/Visualists)?

Good call on the VJs/Visualists page, added.

I've put an hour or so into getting the list started, adding lots of Scottish/English artists. Keep adding!

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (May 5, 2013 6:01 pm)

Montreal, Canada

added. 'tis a fun idea.

maybe add a column for people's real name and one for email? for contact purposes?

East Kilbride, Scotland
n00bstar wrote:

added. 'tis a fun idea.

maybe add a column for people's real name and one for email? for contact purposes?

People might not want that information out in the public domain (I know of at least one that wouldn't want his real name out there), and e-mail would be too easy to abuse. Do you want 100 'My First LSDJ' kids right-click copying the list then e-mailing you every time they release a new song? Didn't think so.

Most Facebook/Soundcloud/Bandcamp/website pages have e-mail addresses on them anyway, this just makes it a bit harder to spam.

Last edited by Sycamore Drive (May 5, 2013 7:06 pm)

Montreal, Canada

Touché

East Kilbride, Scotland
n00bstar wrote:

Touché

Don't get me wrong though, thanks for the suggestion and for adding yourself! I'm totally open to all suggestions of how to improve this.

California

Edit: whoops someone already linked to it

Last edited by VCMG (May 5, 2013 7:15 pm)