Madison, Wisconsin, USA

It's a good list is what I meant tha

NC in the US of America
Bit wish wrote:

Regarding the color scheme, I really don't care, I'm guessing you read it since you guys are posting here so there is no real problem.

*raises hand* I only skimmed it for keywords and phrases. I just couldn't get myself to just "sit down" to it, ya know? But maybe that's just me. I usually sit  2-4 feet away form my monitor, and it was hard to make it from that distance, even when I zoomed in. It's just a tad too dark.

But, yeah, that's the least of things to worry about, especially if only a few people are complaining about it.

r4c7 wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

It's more directed towards getting people started.

Why not reccomend free programs like sunvox, deflemask, famitracker, klystrack, maybe milkytracker, maybe piggytracker, etc.?

And HivelyTracker and BoyScout and Paragon5 Tracker

New Albany Indiana
Victory Road wrote:

yea i didn't think the colours were that bad, bryface was just being funny though.
actually yeah purple on black is pretty nasty but it's kinda inconsequential in the end,

article is okay i guess! i like some of the tongue-in-cheek-ness of it but it needs a bit of proofreading/factchecking (sgb cart doesn't go in a nes) and could be articulated nicer. keep writing and you'll get better through practice.

Thank for the advice! big_smile

Melbourne, Australia

Things that will improve this:

Run a spell check before posting. "Alot" is a monster, not a word.
Capitalise those I's.
Bump up the brightness of that purple if it's going to be on black (which looks nice).

New Albany Indiana
r4c7 wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

Why not reccomend free programs like sunvox, deflemask, famitracker, klystrack, maybe milkytracker, maybe piggytracker, etc.?

It was more directed to lsdj, I know nothing about other trackers except renoise. I can add it in thanks for the advice. smile

New Albany Indiana
Calavera wrote:

Things that will improve this:

Run a spell check before posting. "Alot" is a monster, not a word.
Capitalise those I's.
Bump up the brightness of that purple if it's going to be on black (which looks nice).

Ok I will, I did what I could, but I copied it from googledocs and it gets rid of the format and jumbles it into one big mess, with no spaces.

Chicago IL

If you paypal me $10 I'll proofread

N.E. U.S.
Bit wish wrote:
r4c7 wrote:

It was more directed to lsdj, I know nothing about other trackers except renoise. I can add it in thanks for the advice. smile

If you're focusing on lsdj, it may help to clarify the title by making it something like 'How to Make Chiptunes WIth LSDJ'. And like I said, they're free, so you can always try some of those things out. wink

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

i had a teacher that blabbed about how the easiest thing on the eyes is a black background with a yellow text, using a font without the fancy edges.  Buuuut im not saying that is fact, though i do find it helps.

East Kilbride, Scotland
defiantsystems wrote:

NES didn't have a Gameboy cartridge peripheral.

But it does now!

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.ph … ucts_id=87

Sweden

Hey, give me a good reason to spend any amount of time trying to read that text.

New Albany Indiana
boomlinde wrote:

Hey, give me a good reason to spend any amount of time trying to read that text.

Give me a good reason why i should spend any amount of time trying to think of a good reason for you to try to read that text.

New Albany Indiana

Thanks you guys, all these suggestions are useful and i'll make the text easier to read.
God Bless ya'll *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

New Albany Indiana

Well i changed the font color to yellow but in personal preference, i think the purple is easier to read.

UK, Leicester
defiantsystems wrote:

Not an official one anyway.

r4c7 wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

this

Sycamore Drive wrote:
defiantsystems wrote:

But it does now!

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.ph … ucts_id=87

Yh, that's the one

I only skimmed through it, but it seems to be pretty much just a way to introduce people into gameboy tracking, and using LSDJ. You shoudl try and add examples of shiz for other consoles. Also don't ever use "chiptune" as a verb, because that's just dumb, here are some ways of doing it;

Because i get asked this question a lot from observers or people who know little or nothing about the bleeps and blips of chip tune i thought i might write a little tutorial on how to compose chiptune music.

Because i get asked this question a lot from observers or people who know little or nothing about the bleeps and blips of chip tune i thought i might write a little tutorial on how to make chiptunes.

also it's not a "super boy cartridge" I'm pretty sure it's a "super gameboy cartridge" otherwise it would be a "SBC" rather than a "SGB"

Scotland

How often are you really asked this question?

The 'useful vocab' is pretty useless, and the rest has been said (and elaborated at length) by other people. If this article is mainly about LSDJ why do you call it an article about chiptune? It isn't, really. Seems, as has been stated, more about how to get loads of shit you don't need to make chip tune. If you're reading this, you can probably get to work on learning a tracker within the next few minutes. LSDJ is one of the slowest routes available.

Let's say DMG-01 more though, that way we can be part of a secret club. Wink wink nudge nudge.