4mat wrote:

this is like when 8bc broke and everyone ended up commenting on that poor guy's song forever.

Oh man, I forgot about that. 8BC memories.

Brunswick, GA USA

I don't think I paid any attention to that...

washington

hello everyone big_smile

how many of y'all are watching the clipstream stream that's on right now?

barf

ooh, i'm not! do you have a link? smile

washington

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/clipstream

the acts are cool, but the random-ass chat room is what makes it memorable haha

barf

1:31 seatrash: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT AN ADVERT IS

hahahahah how long has this stream been going on

washington

that's me! big_smile

i don't know how long it's been going on for, it's probably on the facebook event page

edit: 3:15 EDT

Last edited by basspuddle (Jul 7, 2013 12:35 am)

barf

it's you!!

HAHA i like the song going on right now     classical music in funny 8-bit always makes me smile (dat akumajo densetsu dracula laugh)

do you like gwen stefani?

barf

i do!! her videos are always lovely and absurd as well (i'm not sure why everyone thinks lady gaga "invented" that kind of aesthetic)

i think christina aguilera was a forerunner to the lady gaga artpop style as well

barf

yes!! (hey dirrty is a pop cultural treasure)

secret admission: i used to dream about walking around pop music videos like they were videogame maps

The One Electronic wrote:

just watch the NGE rebuilds dude, so good

you know, I watched the first one. It was really beautiful, but I actually found myself missing many of the more ambient scenes that they used. There was a lot of atmosphere and tension built into the original series, and I felt like a lot of that was lost as a result of some of the cuts.

secret admission: i used to dream about walking around pop music videos like they were videogame maps

Same, except every movie set!

6:11 am conspiracy

Alpine wrote:
uuni wrote:

Serial Experiments Lain and Neon Genesis Evangelion (along with the movies, bar Death & Rebirth, but including the Rebuilds) are, in my opinion, two of the greatest animes!

I have no knowledge of the former, but NGE? and the movies? I wasn't a fan of GE, I think I only got around 16/17 episodes into it before I dropped it, and for the films, I've already seen "that scene" so that's put me of seeing it altogether. I just found the series incredibly dull, I thought shinji was, although realistic (to a degree) MC, he was an uninteresting one. I didn't like watching it, when I'm watching something boring, I tend to light up a joint. I did this for Chaos;Head, and I can tell you, I thought it was brilliant, until I started to come down, but with NGE, it dragged, one episode felt like 3, it was awful. In the end, there wasn't enough that interested me to keep me watching, I'm nto a massive fan of mechs, and I hate whiny children so I just stopped.

This is the problem: you didn't watch the whole series through. People dislike it for its slow build up, but its necessary, otherwise the show would not be as genius as it is. It's hard to describe this without spoiling anything, but - wait, why did you even begin to watch EoE if you hadn't watched past 16 episodes? You really need to just watch everything over again in order, and fight the urge to stop watching because you think it's "dull" (btw, if you let "that scene" put you off, you definitely need a better sense of context). Everything in Evangelion comes together perfectly, regardless of what anyone says. It's one of the most highly acclaimed animes, and the soundtrack is killer!!! I highly advise you reconsider your anime watching habits.

Also - Serial Experiments Lain is rockin' too. Watch it.

NC in the US of America

To each his own, I like Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi No Apollon), Gurren Lagann, Towanoquon, Toriko, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Rainbow,  Beck Mongolian Chop Squad, K-On!, Azumanga Daioh, House of Five Leaves...

ugh... too much variety...