NC in the US of America

I think I'm using Pulse... I think ALSA is in there somewhere... Uh... this linux thing is too much for me when getting into more 'in-depth' stuff. sad

Sydney, NSW

Yeah, I think I've got audio problems too (Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, latest ghetto). Has anybody got any ideas on how to get Piggy spitting out sound?

Chainsaw, have you tried running piggy with pasuspender, eg. "pasuspender ./lgpt" ?

NC in the US of America

The guys at #hexawe said pulseaudio is probably messing everything up. I'm kind of hesitant to uninstall it, though...

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 12, 2012 12:57 am)

Sydney, NSW
gify wrote:

Chainsaw, have you tried running piggy with pasuspender, eg. "pasuspender ./lgpt" ?

Nope, but I loaded the 10k test project and it worked fine, stock standard without using any fancy command line arguments!
Again, Runnign on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, stock standard installation literally installed yesterday and never used 'til now. It's just using stock default audio drivers! Sketch, what kinda set-up are you running again?

Unsubscribe

have you guys tried the new debian ghetto?
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/li … ssage/2211

Also you should only run it with alsa...

Ciudad de méxico, MX

I got it working with jack. You have to connect the "wires" using patchage or the qjackctl wiring GUI.

NC in the US of America
Chainsaw Police wrote:
gify wrote:

Nope, but I loaded the 10k test project and it worked fine, stock standard without using any fancy command line arguments!
Again, Runnign on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise, stock standard installation literally installed yesterday and never used 'til now. It's just using stock default audio drivers! Sketch, what kinda set-up are you running again?

Ubuntu 10.04. No JACK. pulseaudio.

NC in the US of America

Solved my "no sound" problem thanks to 3 minutes with this http://www.hecticgeek.com/2012/01/how-t … ntu-linux/ .

But I suspect that it’s actually this ALSA -> Pulse communication is the issue for most of these issues, because every time I enable “audio amplification” in ALSA/PulseAudio my audio output mutes hmm.

Under the "Output" tab in Sound Preferences, I changed "Connector" from "Amplifier" to "No Amplifier".

Yay. Now I can track with the rest of the piggies big_smile

The thing that tripped me out is that sound in everything else works (except for KiGB, that is)

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Aug 13, 2012 7:39 am)

Tokyo, Japan

I have just been thinking about little minor things which might make piggy more awesome, one would but LTRIG up jumping the the top of the phrase / song / chain. Also another one which might be groovy is a 4th LTRIG - B select mode. Now we have

Select plus Dpad
Select row
Select screen

how about a 4th one, select column? might be useful for transposing instruments / octaves?

uhajdafdfdfa

a minor thing that would make piggy more awesome would be setting the filter mode from a pattern effect or table. that'd be super useful

Tokyo, Japan

oooooh, so you could do trash80 LPF to HPF style sweeps? thats a nice idea.

uhajdafdfdfa

yeah, as well as just cutting between the extreme ends of the range (eg lowpass straight to highpass) which i like to do quite often

Tokyo, Japan

Piggy is gonna rule HARD very soon!

Unsubscribe
ant1 wrote:

yeah, as well as just cutting between the extreme ends of the range (eg lowpass straight to highpass) which i like to do quite often

Caveat: I havent had coffee yet.

you can sorta get this with current commands by setting the filter type to some midpoint that sounds good for your starting sound, Then using fcut you can sweep it to the end point you want the filter at.

The way type works is that its basically a notch that slowly sweeps between an lpf to a hpf filter.. and everything in the middle is a interpolated value of that. You just need to find a setting that is close to what you want.

Last edited by herr_prof (Aug 14, 2012 1:58 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

ah , cool! i'll try that later