rochester, ny
Retrogamer09 wrote:

Hey,

Can someone explain to me how this cartridge works to play gb games?
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ga … -cartridge

Thanks

you need to know how to flash eproms. if you don't know how to do that, then it'll just be a lot simpler to get a usb cartridge instead.

Easton, PA, USA

So what is the deal with quint? Read the interview with Kitsch on Noise Channel. Does it just work with Gameboys? The mystery is racking my brain.

matt's mind

i'll have info up on it this week, thats the plan at least... its all ready to go at this point.  had them at blip!

Easton, PA, USA

I'll be sitting on my hands for the info, so far the blippers this year are mum about it. Sounds awesome so far though, and I am sure I will have more questions later.

clovis CA

man, i need to go on a shopping trip at matts site.... great stuff wink

Yo, kitsch. Would you flash other roms onto the EPROM cart like music tech or muddygb? I recently saw an EPROM cart on ebay for about 15 bucks with music tech on it. The guy claims to have bought it from you in person.

matt's mind

i can, i just don't have any proms right now...  getting some and then i can.  flashing is free, its just the extra cost of the proms themselves which are the price difference.  not a problem wink

So if I made an order for a custom flashed prom what time would I end up getting it by? (approximately)

Louisiana

Just thought if drop this in here to show it off finally got it and I'm freaking excited as hell!!! Everyone should buy one they feel fantastic! The kitsch-bent case of awesome. I want to put a purple backlight in it if I can find one.

matt's mind
Vex wrote:

purple backlight

shoot me an email.  i had some samples made.  the contrast isn't great, but hey its purple.

i'll have them in the shop shortly, just waiting on them smile

clovis CA

they [the cases] wouldnt happen to come with some battery contacts, would they?

Last edited by Alley Beach (Jun 6, 2012 3:46 am)

Louisiana
kitsch wrote:
Vex wrote:

purple backlight

shoot me an email.  i had some samples made.  the contrast isn't great, but hey its purple.

i'll have them in the shop shortly, just waiting on them smile

Email sent. Needed to send you one involving EPROMs anyway lol.

I think the purple backlight would work awesome in a pocket. The one I put in the DMG emits a great purple color, but the blue LCD screen kills that and makes the screen look blue

Last edited by 12ianma (Jun 6, 2012 3:59 am)

matt's mind
Alley Beach wrote:

they [the cases] wouldnt happen to come with some battery contacts, would they?

atm no.  but the contacts from the original cases fit perfectly.  i'll have some new contacts made up in a little bit, its on the list.  not far down.

Cleveland, OH

Contacts are needed badly! Not just with the cases. I have so many that are corroded out in good cases! You should do the ground shield by the cart slot too. Maybe find some tri-wing screws in bulk as well. The full replacement package!
I've seriously run out of tri-wing screws. Don't know how it happened... I keep having to grab them from old cases.

Gosford, Australia

+1 j-thurs! so many battery contact woes.