Louisiana
justinthursday wrote:

Here's an example of the kit. I have it hardwired to just red.

Sorry for the crap phone pics.

That is freaking beautiful man! Even for "crap phone pics" lol

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody!

this one has taken forever to get release ready, but its finally done.

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/quint

quint is a *duino-based device meant for the precise control of the game boy original, pocket, and color console's 'clock speed.'  in musical terms, changing the clock speed of a device is an alternative means to alter the pitch/tempo of the device, sometimes outside if its normal operating means.  for gamers, changing the clock speed means slowing down the game during the insanely difficult parts, or speeding the game up to get through mindless RPG banter. 

i'll have a video posted of the device in action as soon as i can round up the camera, sd card, and everything else i can't seem to find today to make that happen!

these are very very limited.  i'll redo the design eventually, this particular layout and arrangement i doubt will happen again due to a very unfortunate hard drive crash.  it all depends on the recovery process for that.  there are only 25 in the entire batch, the first ones of those are available now, then I'll have some with me at BRKfest, then whatever is left will go online.  if you like this design, i'd suggest not waiting.  i really doubt i'll be able to get those files back.

till next time (and as always), keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

the pics:

Savannah, Georgia

OH GOD YES

The New City of York

Saw this at Blip... pretty damn cool.

Wish I had the $$$ to throw down.

Matthew Joseph Payne

You know what we need now? ASM Retro PCB mount prosound v3, with a third jack in another color for clock control...

matt's mind

(have something along those same lines in the pipes.  ein moment, bitte!)

with a nice proper amp.  circuit works now my gain is just all wrong.  clock jack is a cinch.

ohgodno, Indiana

think imma get one of these at BRK

Unsubscribe

or some uber connector with prosound, aboy midi. ftdi io, and clock control big_smile

matt's mind
herr_prof wrote:

or some uber connector with prosound, aboy midi. ftdi io, and clock control big_smile

mmmmmmmmm

yeah.  combining quint with arduinoboy would be the next logical step........ 

max4live connectivity is the next big goal.  argh.  time to think on this.  thats a good idea.

The New City of York

hey kitsch, sent u a pm

Unsubscribe
kitsch wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

mmmmmmmmm

yeah.  combining quint with arduinoboy would be the next logical step........ 

max4live connectivity is the next big goal.  argh.  time to think on this.  thats a good idea.

It would be probaly best to do a separate but equal, not sure youd want to do the same code on one chip. Im thinking of something like a db9 breakout on the dmg and have a breakout with audio out, aboy with panel mounted midi jacks and quint?

Would the db9 be able to pass all those connections and the link cable stuff? Wooof....

Maybe something like this?

matt's mind

NickTitle and I had done a project like this a while back, it used an edge connector so you could swap in and out different boards for different purposes.  i'll dig those files up and revive it.  not as expansive as that but still a breakout situation deal.

Soooooo, could I drone a single note and play awesome pentatonics on those 5 buttons with pitchy bends on the fine tuner? Because that would not only be awesome, fans would TOTALLY geek out about that in a live setting.

Louisiana

Hey Matt sent you a PM and an email yesterday or the day before about something you had in mind? The email subject was "omg vaginas" so don't think it's spam I just hate coming up with subject titles when I don't really know what the subject is...and I had vagina on my mind so yea...lol

matt's mind

@zef -- the way the device ships (its current code), this is exactly what it can do!

@Vex -- sorry, been crazy busy, i'll reply asap!