Vex wrote:

Wish youd get some semi transparent gbc cases. Been working on one for my sister and my old source doesn't sell them anymore. T_T

Yea they were up on dealextreme for 4$ and free shipping for a clear housing, regular buttons and a new screen cover. I was going to pick one up, but I was too late once again.

Louisiana

That would be my source. Lol and yea they had loads of colors and the cleats took dye very very well. I dyed on pink and it looked damn close to the real pink one hello kitty Japan release one.

Chicago

sad Is it just me that can't connect or has it been an issue for a while now?

matt's mind

what browser are you using?  i've had a few people tell me this lately, i can't recreate the problem...

thats disappointing hmm

um.  try kitsch.bigcartel.com as well, so if it will work.  might just have a redirect problem.

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

the sockets have arrived, prom carts are restocked: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ga … -cartridge

if there is a (fair/freely distributed) ROM you'd like to get on one, shoot me an email. 256kb or less.

short this time. keep chipping!

matt

thanks!

Louisiana
kitsch wrote:

what browser are you using?  i've had a few people tell me this lately, i can't recreate the problem...

thats disappointing hmm

um.  try kitsch.bigcartel.com as well, so if it will work.  might just have a redirect problem.

I LOLed so hard Matt...it says "Firefox" can't find the server... smile

Sent you an email btw

Last edited by Vex (Jul 7, 2012 8:28 am)

matt's mind

hahaha.  thats funny.  oops.

matt's mind

re: the browser issues, i really have no idea what it could be.

i can't tell if you have noscript installed, or another sort of security add-on.  there is a bit of javascript happening (some of which was weeded out a couple weeks ago), so it could be that.  and, bigcartel sites won't work if javascript is disabled.   but if thats the case then you should get a message instead of the server not being found.

does anyone else know what this could be?  i've tried to see if its bigcartel downtime when people contact me, everything i can think of.  no dice.  just rarely in the last couple months someone will message saying they can't get on the site. 

hmm

Louisiana

Uhmm my answer to the issue would be firefox has started to suck recently period. Use chrome unless you're downloading something big then use ff. but Kay to browse..chrome it up. Takes up barely any space on your computer and works on all sites. Unless its a application of some sort that requires a different browser..which just means the company sucks and you don't really want to work there if they are forcing you to use explorer to apply. Lol

matt's mind

just occurred to me!!!!!

if you have issues getting onto the store website (still haven't figured this out, apart from firefox sucking), the KB facebook page has a built-in store, you can do your shopping through it.

http://www.facebook.com/kitschbentstore

hope thats a solution for now!

uhajdafdfdfa

i can get to the site fine in firefox  smile

matt's mind
ant1 wrote:

i can get to the site fine in firefox  smile

me too, on different computers with different operating systems, with different revisions of ff....

but, thats the only common thing i can find when people tell me its down (which, when i'm told this, it never is for me or anyone else, its on their end).

i'm sort of wondering if the content of the site, or the meta tags, are flagging the site as contraband electronics or something.  flash cart stuff is iffy sometimes.  but, i'd expect a more broad geographic block then through whatever central filter catches me...  and that isn't happening either.  just single instances.  like bigcartel is hiccuping. 

its annoying though.

Cleveland, OH

Funny thing about that. My website almost never works on my computer. Works fine for everyone else.

Austin, Texas
kitsch wrote:

hey everybody -

the sockets have arrived, prom carts are restocked: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/ga … -cartridge

if there is a (fair/freely distributed) ROM you'd like to get on one, shoot me an email. 256kb or less.
thanks!

Weirdly specific questions, but if one were to buy this in a socketless configuration to solder later into a dedicated cart, does the cartridge case still come with the cutout for the socket access?

Also, do you have the specs on the PROM chips you are using, or on what compatible chips would be were I to hypothetically get a stack of circuit boards and cases and burn my own PROMs to make a bunch of dedicated carts?

I don't have a lot of experience working with PROM, but I have a friend with a programmer, and I like the idea of some permanent Pushpin / MuddyGB / Whatever cartridges.

Last edited by Telerophon (Jul 12, 2012 4:38 am)

Cleveland, OH

The PROM is still too big. Even if you solder it straight to the board. I got the DMG test cart at Blip Fest and ended up putting it in a regular case like this:
http://m40.photobucket.com/albumview/al … .html?o=37
The PROM fits flush with the front of the case.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Jul 12, 2012 2:30 pm)

matt's mind

google "27c256", thats what you need.

they'll come in PLCC and DIP package types.  get the DIP package.

you can get this package in two type, ones that are OTP (one-time-programmable), or UV erasable.  The erasable ones you'll need device for, or build a UV setup yourself, or even let the IC sit where it gets un-UV-filtered light for a couple weeks.  i've used the UV cleaning thing on my electric toothbrush stand to erase one before, its just a UV bulb in there.  took a few cycles for it to work, but it did. 

in short: look for 27c256, DIP package, with a UV window if you want to reprogram them later.

or, 27c256, DIP package, OTP version if you don't plan on reprogramming them.