Greetings, all. This technically belongs in the Releases section but I think this is more about the chip community as a whole than the product of any one artist.

After years of work, festival play, and a hard drive meltdown, our feature-length chipmusic documentary, Reformat the Planet, is finally coming to DVD on August 24th, 2010.

You can pre-order your copy here today:
http://fangamer.net/products/rtp-dvd

* Disc 1: Reformat The Planet – Full-Length Director’s Cut, plus:
          o Commentary track with the filmmakers
          o Additional Interviews
          o Deleted Scenes
          o Trailers
    * Disc 2: RTP 1.5 – All-New Documentary about the scene post-RTP, plus:
          o Commentary track
          o Music Videos
          o Rare Conversations with Musicians (Johan Kotlinski + David Sugar + Peter Swimm of True Chip Till Death)
          o LSDj & Nanoloop Tutorials from Glomag and Bit Shifter
    * RTP Collector’s Booklet – 16 pages of full-color photos and essays from musicians and critics

There will also be a special release party in New York City on Sunday, August 22nd. We will have advance copies of the DVD available for sale and there will be performances by Nullsleep, Bit Shifter, and glomag w visuals by NO CARRIER. A detailed post in the Upcoming Shows section will be up shortly. For now, save the date.

The lovely people over at Fangamer have been kind enough to design all sorts of themed tshirts, buttons, stickers, and a poster for the film. Be sure to check out some of their bundle deals for added value.

A huge thanks to everyone out there for making the music that made this film possible in the first place. Anything you can do to help spread the word would be greatly appreciated (Tweets should be tagged with a #rtpdvd).

Last edited by 2PlayerProductions (Aug 12, 2010 11:16 pm)

San Luis Obispo, CA

Holy shit!

big_smile

Brooklyn NY US

B0N0RZ 2 !NF!N!TY

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:22 pm)

PDX, PDX

Love you guys.  Like sick amounts.

Milwaukee, WI

Wow, I'm really excited to finally watch this.  You guys rock!

Abandoned on Fire
Theta_Frost wrote:

Wow, I'm really excited to finally watch this.  You guys rock!

Central-ish VA

How long can I expect this to take to ship?  My address changes somewhere around the time this is released and I want to make sure it gets to the right place.

Last edited by Beverage (Aug 12, 2010 4:45 pm)

rochester, ny

is there a way to get just the dvd and the blip fest stuff without also getting the shirt / poster / other stuff?

GNV / FL / USA

w00t

Also, Reformat the Planet 1.5 has the last known on screen appearance of my favorite red track jacket that I drunkenly lost somewhere sad

Last edited by NO CARRIER (Aug 12, 2010 5:25 pm)

PDX, PDX
nickmaynard wrote:

is there a way to get just the dvd and the blip fest stuff without also getting the shirt / poster / other stuff?

This.  I don't have a ton of money but I want the blip fest stuff as well.

IL, US

nice, ordered myself a copy, as ive somehow missed every screening that happened while ive been in nyc...be nice to finally watch it after missing screening start times every time

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

*cough* Blip 2008 DVD *cough*

Westfield, NJ

whoops.

Last edited by Decktonic (Aug 12, 2010 5:50 pm)

Just ordered it now.  YAY!

Last edited by Battle Lava (Aug 12, 2010 10:46 pm)

Unsubscribe
NO CARRIER wrote:

w00t

Also, Reformat the Planet 1.5 has the last known on screen appearance of my favorite red track jacket that I drunkenly lost somewhere sad

It looks suspiciously like the one hally wore last year.